40% Sale Question, along with Cross buy

Okay so I’ve been reading conflicting things. I have seen statements saying that if you buy the Steam version, you will have to buy the Oculus version as well to swap between them. I believe that is confirmed.

However I saw one comment saying if you do the reverse, and bug the Oculus version, you’ll be able to use the Steam version without having to pay. I wasn’t able to find a confirmation on this, so I apologize if this has been answered several times.

On that note, I’ve been wanting to play Orbus for a while and the sale is definitely drawing me in. On Steam the sale is for another like 20 hours or so. However the Oculus version isn’t on sale anymore. Is that a bug or is the Oculus version off sale sooner than the steam version? I saw the on sale post on here and didn’t see a set date when it ends besides in Steam so I figured they shared the same dates.

Hoping to be able to join in soon!

Steam and oculus are separate stores operating separately, so if you buy on oculus you’ll only have it on oculus, but there is cross buy for PC oculus and oculus quest.
that also means their store sales are separate and oculus’ winter sale ended 29th of December while steams winter sale ends 18 hours from now.

2 Likes

Finally a confirmation. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

I’ll get it on Steam and then on Oculus at some point :slight_smile:

Just a follow-up to confirm; I had this exact question answered by the dev team because I was using the demo account via Steam prior to purchasing for Quest and Steam. @Åsmund_T answer is most complete.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.