A rather bad issue with melee

this is an issue for both paladin and warrior, but for the sake of the explanation (and it’s also notably worse for the warrior) i’ll be talking about the warrior.

wtf is the hitreg?
sorry, it needs better explanation.

when playing as a warrior, if i hit an enemy that’s walking, sometimes it just does not damage said enemy.
what makes it worse is that if you have a combo charge, it just removes the charge, and doesn’t allow you to charge it up again.
this is rather annoying.

but wait, there’s more
it would be fine if it was only for PvE, just annoying, but of course it’s 10 times worse for PvP

i would be fine with, say, a runemage “missing” me, but still damaging me
you know
if it translated to the melee properly
you know
where the combo charge is literally the warriors PvP gameplay
again,
it gives me the haptic feedback for hitting the enemy
it consumes the combo charge
and then it just does not damage them
so, let me re-iterate

wtf is the hitreg?

⁽ᴵ’ᵐ ˢᵒʳʳʸ, ᵗʰᶦˢ ʷᵃˢ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ʳᵃⁿᵗ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵉˢˢᵉⁿᵗᶦᵃˡˡʸ ᵃⁿ ᵃⁿᵍʳʸ ᶜʰᶦˡᵈ, ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵒᶦⁿᵗ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈˢ⁾

2 Likes

The hit reg for warrior has always been a bit wonky. There are a bunch of little tips and tricks that make it more reliable and accurate. Sadly warrior will always suck in pvp. Hitting moving targets with a sword just doesn’t work. Not sure if it’s due to the hitbox location shifting or what. It’s similar in pve, but not as bad. The smooth locomotion of mobs is easier to hit than on players. Wait for enemies to stop moving before swinging for the best results. There’s a handful of other minor adjustments you can make, but I won’t bother going over them here. I haven’t played warrior in a while, so some of my info may be outdated.
Multiple edits: I’m dumb

I have to say that i loved warrior when i started with orbus. I soloed him to lvl 30 as a first class but these hitbox fails / combo charge bug and shield hitbox (bug) for my own sword just makes warrior so unreliable.

Im great with charging combos like - swing wound combo wait for charge then use charge (with great results) and the again but since ive realised that there are so many issues with warrior im done with him… im already training paladin cause of this…

I switched to scoundrel for a similar reason. Recently equip my sword and it stopped working after the third swing(no haptics or response). Thought “nope. Not doing this again” and put it away lol

Hi, I’m just following up with this post - are you talking mainly about the strike once you charge up a combo, where it will sometimes not do anything when the monster is moving? Does that behave like that when it’s a regular strike as well?

yea, pretty much

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.