Ancient Temple bosses still hitting way to hard on a level 15 shard

We just did a level 11 ancient temple to test the new scaling in these shard dungeons. The bosses were tough but doable. We thought the damage output wasn’t supposed to scale up past level 10 because it simply makes stuff untankable. So we tried to run the level 15 shard I had. The bosses damage output was just stupid. They can’t be tanked with 1 tank unless you just constantly hamstring and run until your shield is back up. Is this what the devs intended? Or do you want us to have to use 2 tanks in 5 person groups? Please balance all 5 person content so it can be completed with 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps. Without having to constantly kite because its untankable. Enemy damage output shouldn’t scale past level 10. Shards should get more difficult because we have more affixes to deal with. Also having to jump out of mist keeper’s AoE with the fatigued affix is poorly designed.

8 Likes

Absolutely agree. Both bosses were hitting way too hard and the AOE was insane. It had to be dodged, but fatigue makes that darn near impossible and if you screw it up a little your insta dead. It became a kite fest and that shouldn’t be the desired outcome.

the boss’ damage was MORE in line what we expected but the main issue we had on a 13 was mistkeeper aoe. its way too close to the tankbuster, too large, and does far too much damage. impossible to heal through green phase even with a bard and muskie

1 Like

Ya, on 11-14 it seems doable, but on 15 it was unreal.

the only difference between an 10 and a 15 is affixes…

No, no its not. Did you even read Landru’s post? All damage scaled up.

not suppossed to be scaled up and have seen no scaling issues, other than base damage for mistkeeper aoe, otherwise 100% doable

Agreed, but We didn’t have weakened but damage seemed higher than the 11 we did earlier as a test run.

Health and damage are scaled higher for 11-15. Not as steep as 1-10, but still increased. We are talking about the numbers and taking into consideration the feedback for shard scaling, as well as the new dungeons specifically.

4 Likes

it’ll take some time to find but I specifically remember a dev confirming new 11-14 wouldn’t scale in damage. if that’s the case Lich has the chance to critical 1 shot a pally on a 15 and should be looked at

with some technique it’s easily dodgable without moving the boss a whole lot, I think it’s ok where it currently is and it adds a bit more for the tank to do than just stand there and provoke.

the main issue with mist keeper is the green fase damage, too high for the tank that has to stay out of the group to not kill everyone with the AoE

1 Like

‘kiting’ a boss is not how the devs intend mist keeper to be done. if they want average players to even have a chance to kill it the aoe needs to be reduced in size or damage

2 Likes

Kiting is a stupid cheese strategy that you have no choice but to use when encounters are poorly designed and are untankable. We hate doing it, but when enemies hit too hard there is no other choice. Kite or die. There are plenty of great ways to make content extremely difficult without simply making bosses hit stupid hard.

6 Likes

I never said kiting. I said “without moving him too much” to elaborate, the only movement of the boss I was doing was when I had jumped out of the AoE and the boss started moving a bit towards me as I jumped back in, this movement can be made really minimal if you time it well enough and most certainly is not the same as kiting the boss.

2 Likes

the mistkeeper green mist hit so hard on a level 6 shard had to use a 2 healer to keep a tant with +4 gear

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.