Announcing OrbusVR: Reborn -- Our First Expansion and a Major Overhaul of the Game

Those are all great questions I have no answers for right now haha.

3 Likes

A question that keeps my mind busy since the beginning of this announcement is: How the … is the game going to balance 8 different classes? It seems like an impossible task. You make either every class required in end game which automatically makes it way harder to get a full group, or of every category only one class will be the best which might exclude others.

As one of the few who only plays one class right now, im excited for some new healing/support options. I imagine that ideally, most people will have multiple classes they can play to fill the needs of a specific role.

2 Likes

I don’t think this will be an issue, especially considering that everyone can be all 8 classes at any time.
This will just require everyone to get geared up in multiple classes instead of rushing into RAID and burning yourself out.

I love the idea of needing all 8 classes to accomplish something IMO. It adds variety to the game and mechanics.

2 Likes

Will reborn have additional steam/oculus achievements?

Will we get more apparel?!?!?! Maybe one with the 4 new classes, one class per shirt, mobs, landscapes, pets, other things??? Option for hoodie??

1 Like

In black too! :grin:

3 Likes

Not apparel, but in terms of merch, I’d happily pay a premium for an official, high-quality, physical (maybe even cloth?) world map of Orbus.

4 Likes

Posters would be cool to :slight_smile:

1 Like

wait is wilds above tradu mine? i just spent a lot of time getting that wilds red gun would be sad if i cant use that after the overhaul

Will the world bosses currently in the game remain unchanged mechanics and loot wise? Or can we expect to have the capes that drop off of them become unobtainable in Reborn? Thanks so much for your work I’m so excited to try out the Shaman! We Zappy Bois Now!

No wilds was before Tradu but if Riley includes more than Tradu and up that’d be the first to make it. He said before he wasn’t sure.

There will be new World Bosses. Again, these might return at some point in the future as part of a retro event, but when the game launches right off the bat, you would not be able to get these capes if you didn’t already have them before.

1 Like

Will the rings change as well?

Equipment will be new/different in general, and with the higher level cap it’s likely going to be new stuff in that way.

With the rework/rebuilding of so many in-world assets, is there more VR-enabled user interactivity being included? Examples: Being able to pull the rope to ring the bell in Highsteppe, batting at hanging signs, etc?

4 Likes

We are going for that type of thing, yes.

4 Likes

Bump :wink::wink::wink:

Yes it will have new Steam and Oculus achievements.

1 Like

Awesome :smiley: Thanks!