Annoying loading screens bug

As a vive user, I always get these annoying loading screens… exactly the same loading screen I was getting on AoEs back in the old raid and occasionally seemingly randomly in the overworld… I am surprised it still hasnt been fixed… It is very frustrating.

happens at 12 seconds

I have the exactly same issue #viveuser :unamused:

1 Like

happens at 6 seconds

yeah happens all the time… its a vive thing but it never got fixed because it probably wasnt obvious enough with the vids i posted… so here is 2 more.

another one at 12 seconds

another another one at 8 seconds

Not a vive thing, its a SteamVR thing. I can tell you are using SteamVR and when I had Orbus set up to play through SteamVR it had the bugs.

interesting to hear thanks for reporting.

The thing is for me, it started to happen again yesterday, the days before it was fine, not happening at all

(Only old orbus all the time)

So this is one of the areas where SteamVR really lags behind the Oculus stuff. Anytime there is a “hiccup” in the game due to it needing to access the disk or load something, it flashes that loading screen which is really annoying and makes it way worse than it should be.

I have a fix for the first one you showed in tomorrow’s patch (the Rune notifications weren’t being pooled like they should be). The second one looks like it just had to load from the disk for whatever reason to load the spell effect. I did a bunch of work on that for the Quest version (because it has a very noticeable “hiccup” if it has to load stuff) and that work should benefit this as well, it will be merged in later next week.

2 Likes

How do you play orbus not through steam ?

I have Oculus Rift and bought through Steam. I launch my game through Steam but have SteamVR disabled so that it runs through the Oculus side.

1 Like

Oculus store and Steam store both have Orbus. If you click play normally on steam version it will be basically the oculus version in terms of hand position, controls, etc. However if you go into launch options you can type

-vrmode openvr

and what that will do is tells steam and the game to launch the game in openvr. The vr type that the vive uses. It is also named SteamVR. And you are then on a Vive version with the game thinking you are playing on a Vive.

Though you could just be asking how to not play through steam. There is an Oculus store to buy Orbus from and the game launch stuff I said previously.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.