Audio bug (and also the memory issue feedback)

I play on the quest and have this issue along with many others at random times. What happens is the audio will suddenly stop working on both ends, however, the little white speaker icon that appears when you talk comes on, but you can’t hear them and they cant hear you.
Sometimes, logging out and back in will fix this, other times you have to exit the app/game and reopen it and this seems to always work to fix it, but will happen again at a random time later. If you wait for long enough the sound will come back on both ends. (All other sounds are still there just the sound from the microphone doesnt work if that makes sense)
There are multiple posts about the memory issue that’s causing crashes where your vision gets locked and get booted to the homescreen of oculus. It appears to happen more frequently when a lot of people are online and in the same area. When playing isolated from everyone and have a decent internet connection I dont crash after hours of gameplay, yet the crashes still feel random.

This game is amazing and I hope this information helps the awesome dev’s and players for a better gaming experience in the quest :slight_smile:

Hi, we appreciate the feedback and details on when that’s been happening to you. We know voice chat can cut out sometimes even on PC and it is a similar resolution there where restarting the game fixes it, so we’re not sure that is Quest related, but the information on the crash is helpful, thank you.

We’re investigating this, and if you ever happen to find a situation that seems to reliably crash the game and can be reproduced, please let us know as well.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the crashes still seem random, no matter how many people are on. However, I might have an idea. I was reading on Rec Room forums because users have very similar crashes on there like we experience in orbus they were saying this is a possiblity: whenever you turn the quest on, theres a chance that the quest is in a “state” where it wont crash and run smoothly, or it will be in a state where crashes will happen randomly throughout the session. So far, this seems to make sense. Whenever I crash, i power of and power on, go into orbus. If I crash again, I will restart again, and usually it will stop crashing for the whole session when it’s in that “good state”.
I played Friday night so there were a ton of new people on for the free weekend, and my crash rate was exactly the same when I play on a Tuesday with no one on at 3am.
I play almost daily and will update you here on my experiences.
The audio bug has been more of an issue than the crashes, so I have been using discord to talk to friends on there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.