Beta 4 Feedback: Scoundrel Class

Hi folks, please let us know your feedback and impression of the new Scoundrel class! You can find a description and explanation of the class in this post if you need any explanations on how it works.

As always, please note that we haven’t made a real balance pass on it, so it may be particularly overpowered or underpowered but we definitely want to know how it feels in general to play. Thanks!

cant seem to do anything other than place the cards at the top. if you place them near your legs, they still go to the top.

Yeah I meant to add in an indicator to show where you can store them and I just forgot. I will do that in a patch this weekend.

In the mean time, to store a card keep holding grip and the spot is like where your belly button would be-ish. It should just auto-take it from your hand when you find the right spot.

If you let go of the card it “uses” it which always causes it to go to the top (to show it’s “Active” and pending). Or press Trigger while gripping it to burn it.

and how do you burn?

there seems to always be an upward curve on bullets. the only way to curve it flat is to curve down to counter act this.

Always knew gravity was weird on this planet…

Grab the card with the Grip button, then just press the Trigger while still holding it, the card will “burn up”.

Seems like i just didnt know how to do the curve right.

is there any way for us to see which card is which? obviously vines, fire and ice are easy… but between the other three, i cant tell which one is which.

You’re currently able to spread poison to other players that aren’t PVP flaged by Shooting a mob close to them.

how does it decide which buff to give your next card when you burn? is it based on type or is it random?

It’s based on which card you burn, that determines what the buff will be. We’ll definitely have more detailed descriptions of each card eventually but you can read the names of them on the blog in the original post if that helps.

the curving mechanic is interesting. are there any metrics for telling us how much of a curve / distance gives us each rank of buff?

For those ppl who havent figured out how to curve accurately yet, you need to hold the trigger down the whole time you are curving the bullet and then release at the end.

I’ve found success with getting lower to the ground when curving the bullet, as it makes the missile stay lower (and subsequently hit the mobs). i dont suggest trying to curve your charge shot… instead, curve the bullet to engage and then charge 3 on an increased damage card and you will nearly 1shot mobs your level (with a lvl 3 buff from curve)

It also doesnt seem to be possible to get more than a level 3 shot. The buff lasts 10 seconds. The amount of curve you need to get a level 3 is not very much. you can get a level 2 at 20yd consistently by just flicking your wrist and adding a slight curve in any direction. at the same distance, you would need to add more curve to get the level 3 buff.

1 Like

suddenly stopped being able to use any abilities. when i draw a card, it doest go into my hand. Sometimes i cant even draw cards. I also cant place them on hold or burn them anymore. If let go, they just fall to the floor.

Go ahead and send me your log if you would and see if re-logging fixes it.

sent. relogging doesnt fix, neither does closing the game.

as you can see , my card is on the ground. my deck still says 6… and it cant be drawn because that card is still out.

I had a similar problem, I was able to fix it by switching class.

yea, seems like switching class fixes it.

Okay, that’s very strange. I see the error in your logs but no idea what would cause it. Let me know if you get it to happen consistently after doing a certain thing…

happened again… immediately after server restart. Sent you new logs.