Beta 6 Patch 2.92

The “hotspot” for notching the arrow is the same size, yeah.

Honestly the only thing I can think of that’s happening here is either the new bow models are like “thinner” which is just throwing some sort of visual issue at you all messing with it, or in the old system the hand tracking wasn’t as good, and so if you were literally doing it so fast that you were able to like pull back, release, and like move your hand a certain way, where it “snapshotted” your hand at was different than it is now, or something like that.

My concern with changing the drawback distance is that is going to affect aiming as well for Precision shooters.

Just to be clear you are just drawing it back as far as you are “used to” and then firing and then just noticing the damage isn’t as “maxed out” as you think it should be? Whereas in the old game you felt like that distance was resulting in “max damage”? It might be we can just leave the aiming alone but then just make it so that if you haven’t drawn it back as far you aren’t penalized as much damage-wise or something.

Would it be possible to make that change only if you choose the rapidity talent? So it wouldn’t affect the aiming for precision

i dont know how that would affect the aiming. it already uses the hand position instead of the bow position anyway. if you overdraw, the aiming goes super wonky really fast. Obviously i’m not the best ranger in the game, but i feel like it would be better to have the angle be based on the draw point , completely ignoring your other hand. (if you overdraw, it still has the same angle as it did before you overdrew).

The reason i say this is that currently if you move your hand ‘off to the side’ of the bow (top or bottom), it will shoot off in a strange way. on a normal bow, you usually have a notch on the bow itself that prevents any situation like this. it ALWAYS shoots straight ark from the front of the bow. If you draw the string at a strange angle, the arrow will just fall off.

I would probably prefer not to mess with the aiming at all. Is this accurate?

that is correct, and even without shooting it i can see the arrow is not at full drawback (like the screenshot i posted above)

Shiki, I don’t think the graphical distance that the bow is drawn back ever had anything to do with that. For example, in old orbus, you could stretch your arms all the way apart, and it would dramatically increase your firing distance, even if the graphics on the screen showed the bowstring hand stop moving well before that.

that is correct for the distance, but the damage varies with the drawback and caps when the arrow stops.

Are you around right now? If so hop into your Player House and do some attacks against the dummy. I made some changes to the damage calc to require less drawback. Also it will give me some logging on what you are doing so I can see. Just try to do like 10 seconds straight of what you would typically do.

1 Like

Tried a bit, the damage looks fine. I could do consistent damage except a few shots, thank you!

Okay, that should take effect in any new dungeon runs but won’t take effect in the Overworld until we roll out the next patch (probably tomorrow morning).

I just lowered the minimum drawback distance required for max damage a bit, shouldn’t really affect Precision at all.

all player proctiles are still 100% invisible to other classes

Where in PvP Battlegrounds? Someone else was just saying only mage spells are still broken.

Yesterday around Highsteppe I couldn’t see my party mate’s arrows at all and he couldn’t see my mage spells (neither of us have done battlegrounds yet) so we just paid attention to enemy health bars. Several minutes later (maybe an hour later) when we went to the rainforest, suddenly we could both see. We turned right around and went back to Highsteppe and could still see. I had assumed it fixed in a patch last night. It seems to be intermittent on complete invisibility in the overworld, and a zone change may or may not give it the opportunity to trigger on/off.

where or when? it was happening throughout all of the battleground area, and was right before i made my post. also after that battle grounds i could see the peoples attacks in crypt shard 4, but then later in a airship 1 couldnt see it again, it seems to be very on and off, with it happening a lot more frequently or always while in the battlegrounds

Are they always ghosts when you can’t see their attacks? Or sometimes are they normal players and you still can’t?

Also if you could send me an output log after a BG where it happens that would be great, thanks.

next time i get a BG sure, and it happens with both ghosts and non ghosts

Unless I’m missing something, both affliction 1 and 2 are lasting 10 seconds.

EDIT: Also, there are still some bugs with the ray damage:

• Ray now only does 2 ticks instead of 3
  • When 4 dots are applied, the first ray tick does the damage for 4 dots (6432) and the second tick always does the damage for 3 dots (5053). One of the dots isn’t wearing off; it just does less damage on the second tick for some reason.
  • The damage for 5 dots is broken: it’s the same as the damage for 3 dots (5053)

We had never appeared as ghosts to each other and had not been doing battlegrounds at all. I could see his bow, see the arrow in his bow if I were specifically looking and close enough, but it’d vanish upon release. We were normal players, in a party together, and did not have world pvp on nor had we taken any potions.

Whilst doing dungeons yesterday, everyone appeared to randomly have no head or be ghosts. This was different for everyone. Some people were showing as ghosts and others were not.

We also experienced multiple desyncs throughout the runs and massive lag spikes where we would damage and the spell might not appear for 2-3 seconds and/or the tank would do a bunch of sword swings and all the hits would register at once.

1 Like

We’ll look into the Ray rick issue, it should be 3 ticks.

The maximum bonus you can get for Ray is 3 dots. There was a bug we fixed where if you had more than 3 it wasn’t giving any bonus at all, but 3 is the intended maximum.