Beta 6 World/Environment Feedback

The trees and bushes are actually supposed to be swaying in the wind but I think there is just a bug right now. I’ll look into that.

2 Likes

the leaves themselves are moving a bit side to side, but the tree itself is static making it look really weird and unnatural once you notice the leaves are actually moving

Speaking of mob variety… I think it was mentioned elsewhere but they seem to glitch significantly more often than other mobs and also have absurd health pools

1 Like

Yeah we made them slightly tougher than a normal mob since they don’t have any fancy attacks to defend themselves, I can tweak that down a little.

1 Like

It may just be because I was playing muskie… Which seems to be too weak overleveled to take down mobs in a short span of time and has too little healing at present (maybe because of the damage glitch?) to heal past the damage being taken. It’s like the worst of both worlds

1 Like

I posted this in the mob variety thread a while back and was wondering it it has been given any thought

1 Like

So we do have some rabbits and stuff like that we could add the same way we added the other wildlife, our concern was people might get confused about thinking it was intended as part of the critter capture stuff which is why thus far we’ve sort of kept small critters for that and large wildlife for the world.

1 Like

I feel like the enemy names in the first areas are a bit confusing, especially as it relates to quests to kill them. It’s especially a problem since they all have the same design, because I don’t know if it’ll ever feel natural to think of them as different enemies, if that makes sense.

This is probably hurt by the fact I can’t get the dynamic name sight thingy to work. I’d love to know what I’m attacking before I go try to complete a mission off it’s corpse.

3 Likes

I was thinking the actual critters(just solo ones tho, not in big groups), maybe even catchable. but I guess it could get a bit confusing for some

Despite possible confusion, I think it’d be worth it :slightly_smiling_face: With critter capture we ‘spawn’ them and they run/ fly around relatively quickly within a radius and disappear soon. Even if the wildlife moved around a little (like current Orbus Guild City Fort donkeys, the goats, the non-cursed sheep, the precious little hopping birds in Guild City being fed by that NPC, and the current Lamavora butterflies and the awesome stream of Reborn butterflies) and not ermagerd scurries, hopefully it wouldn’t be too hard for most to distinguish.
It may become the new “what are those numbers by the corner path?” but worth it :rabbit2:

3 Likes

All the mobs in the cave for Colossus seem to instantly reset when attacking them, needs sorting out

To piggyback on Rickness, the Colossus cave had many mobs that were stuck in leash mode especially the Colossus and his group. They were stuck very close to the entrance to the cave, which seemed an odd location for him.

We’ll check it out, thanks for the heads up.

We’ve got that issue tracked down and should hopefully have a fix out later today.

1 Like

This was a server side patch that riley put out earlier to fix a problem and got included, once we do the client side patch you it will update to the correct NPC and not the old version

Runemage spells in PvP are invisible or do not show up correctly. Same with ranger arrows.

Half the mobs in the overworld would just reset aggro when I attacked them…

1 Like

To add on this, it looks like the mage is casting at their feet but on their screen they’re aiming me. So i will see the spell explode on the ground and a couple seconds later take damage and have a dot on me.

i think PvP discussion should be split in to a different thread. There are a lot of issues in both PvP and the actual world/environment but they are completely separate topics.

1 Like