BG Queue Popup not showing

Last night a bunch of us were having issues with the Battlegrounds queue. We’d join the queue and then it would pop up the option to join only for most of us. One of us would inevitably get no pop-up, just the text saying we missed it and would have to rejoin the queue. If it helps, it worked great for the Quest user.

Also, it doesn’t seem to move with you or even turn with you as most menu pop-ups do in game. You slide right through it and then you can’t see it at all from the other side.

Hi, is this the first time you have been experiencing an issue like this, or has it been an ongoing one?

If possible, I would have whoever has had the issue send us their output log when they get a chance next time. It might help us discover why that might be happening. Thanks!

First time I’ve tried the BGs since the patch

I had problems with the PvP Battleground’s queue. I would all of a sudden get a message that I was dropped because I didn’t respond in time. One time I did see the notification to join popup while I was moving and it disappeared, so I think there is an issue with the popup happening while moving in certain ways.

I had this happen just last night with the dungeon queue. I got the dialog asking if I was ready. I said yes. It said not enough people… then almost immediately I got the briefest of flashes of an are you ready dialog and then nothing. A few seconds later I got the “you’ve been kicked from the queue” message. During the entire process, I hadn’t been moving at all (was practicing spells).

Playing on original Vive through Steam. Wasn’t smart enough to save the output log, sorry :slightly_frowning_face: (I’ll try to remember in the future though!)

Okay thanks for the information, well add this to the list and look into it to see whats causing it. If anyone has a output log they can send if this happens that might help. Thanks.

One of our guildies says that it seems to be caused by moving if you aren’t on the quest… Like if you are moving when it would pop up, it doesnt pop up, and if you move once it is up, it automatically declines.

Happens when stationary, too.

One thing I noticed that may contribute to this… It doesn’t seem to pop up like other menus and pop-ups do. Other ones are always parallel to your field of view when they appear. I had a bg one pop in front of me facing a couple feet away from me to the front left. I.e. i had to move to see the whole thing (it’s only a pixel thick and was aimed almost perpendicularly to me)

I can see what the issue was with @KatVet and am working on a fix. But for others, I can’t seem to recreate the issue. When a ready up pops for me, it follows me around and rotates to my direction so I can see it. Whether I move or stand still, the popup shows and follows me.

Do you guys have any other popups showing up before hand, like a friend or party invite or something? (aside from the one to queue up).

In terms of directly before or after the popup? No.

In terms of having correctly working popups in the play session? Yes.

I’m on Low graphics, if that helps? I can try to do it again later and send a log. I did overhear someone having the same issue last night. I think it was @CodyHayzett

Wasn’t me, I’ve never had issues with BGs popping, though sometimes it says I declined it even though I clearly pressed accept.

So last night I had the bg popup not show at all several times. But when it did show, it followed me and turned properly.

Just wanted to clarify on this, when you said it didnt show up do you mean that you got the “Queue declined” message without ever getting the “Accept/Decline” prompt? And just to be 100% sure you weren’t in a party at this point correct?

1 Like

Yeah. Definitely did not see it the first few times. I don’t know if that’s because I was maybe moving or teleporting or switching zones, though. I wasn’t stationary while waiting like I was the other night. I’ll try again tomorrow/over the weekend and maybe I’ll be able to snag a log

Just had this happen, it seemed like the pop up happened then instantly disappeared, was extremely annoying as I was the one that spent the last hour going around asking people to queue then I was the one that didn’t get in to the battleground

3 Likes

Glad I’m not crazy :joy::joy::joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.