Bonus XP Weekend This Weekend

In order to celebrate all the new folks joining the community this week thanks to the Steam and Oculus sales (we’ve seen around 2,000 new sales of the game in the past week alone!), we’re holding a Bonus XP Weekend!

It will begin Friday at 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time and last until Monday at 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time.

As with the last one, it will be +50% Bonus XP to everything in game, including monster kills, quests, and fishing.

Enjoy and we’ll see you then!

3 Likes

Ah dope. Thanks Riley. Maybe I’ll finally max that ranger I’ve been neglecting.

~Fishing~ Thank you! Thank you! :joy:

1 Like

Maybe in the future you could add a double mats gathered to the double xp weekend so those of us with all 20s could celebrate too. Also super congrats on the sales, can’t wait to see all the new bright eyed and bushy tailed players roaming around.

1 Like

That would be nice. Also, I believe there is only one person that is all lvl 20 in Orbus so I think everyone but Elk benefits from the xp boost.

1 Like

80 xp per fish is still not enough to endure that torture

lol, I know and to think Elk did it the hard way.

Niiiice, shame thou that wife and kids gets back from travels on friday thou😂

It’s only 60xp a fish with the bonus :weary:

Cool!!! Thanks so much for that.

i dont mind fishing then again i do fish iorl and its about the same as orbus

I mean vr is pretty good but it’s not that good. I get you though the fishing in this game feels a lot better than most. Most MMO fishing for sure.

I might come back to playing to finally get to lv 20.

The grind from 18 to 20 is atrocious as a Ranger since you can’t solo the lv 20 worms consistently due to the class sucking balls in comparison to others, same DPS but shittier everything else. Absolutely NO self sustain or defensive means.
As mostly a solo player this caused me to quit playing since even if I wanted to find a group it was extremely hard to find people my level, Most people were already 20, or in parties of friends helping eachother, also the fact that brainlessly killing worms in a canyon is more XP efficient than running the Desert Dungeon which actually bring some sense of joy to playing so you have to choose either the most efficient route over the most enjoyable route for leveling up which is never a choice you want players to have to make… hmmm to I want to have NO fun for hours so I can hopefully have fun at higher levels? Or I can have fun playing the game, but repeat the fun stuff so many times due to its lack of efficiency that it becomes boring and tedious and then we’re back to having NO fun and still far away from the end game where we hope there’s fun to be had.

There’s new quests in the new zone.

Also you are surprised that a killing quick spawning Level 20 worms is faster than a level 16 dungeon??
Also killing worms as Ranger is the easiest of the classes considering you excel at range burst damage, preventing the worms from getting to you and going underground.

1 Like

Well when 1 hit from the worms takes 1/4 of your HP and you have to flawlessly land every shot, and forfeit the use of your trap since you counter your own trap with poison arrow JUST to kill 1 worm, and if you mess up then they hit you twice and then you have to stand still for 5 minutes to regen and try again… yeah that’s a TON of fun, love it! after spending a half hour killing 5 worms I’m ready to shoot myself because I spent more time waiting between worms than actually fighting them.

But besides that, so then why is there no lv 18 dungeon?

theres 20 levels in orbus, 16-20 is 20% of the game’s leveling process, and if you take into account how much longer it takes to level opposed to early game then its close to 40% of the actual leveling process.
So basically you’ve created content for the first 60% of your leveling process, then the players either are forced to party up or suffer hours of boring solo grinding to complete the final 40% just to experience the main point of the game which is the end game.

I’ve tried other methods, like the wilds and such… but then some asshole just kills me, or I die in 1 shot to some super strong monster… so then I tried farming in areas other than the worms, but same the same encounter happens… if you don’t flawlessly land every shot then you take up to half your HP in damage and have to STAND around for minutes to regenerate… or waste potions… Meanwhile Mages kill shit in 2 affliction casts, warriors block all damage and heal from taunting, and musketeers are… well musketeers they have infinite health because mana isn’t a resource in this game so they can’t run out of abilities to cast (aside from cooldowns)

All I’m saying is the later portions of the game are catered to group play, which is fine for the end game content, it makes total sense to have the lv 20 stuff that way. but not okay for people trying to reach the end game as a solo player, no level 20’s want to waste time helping a lv 18 and if I happen to find anyone between lv 17-20 and ask if they want to do literally ANYTHING that would benefit the 2 of us, they usually have a group they’re already with OR they’re leveling up and ALT class and their whole group of friends is power leveling them and they don’t have room for strangers.

So maybe I’m missing something here? is there a better place to farm at those levels? if not… why? why do you WANT you players to do this tedious grind?
I have a 1000 Dmg bow and again… I find it VERY difficult to kill the lv 20 worms without taking substantial damage, even if I land a charged poison shot, a piercing shot and every shot after timed the best I can… they still reach me and take 25-50% of my HP… so how exactly are rangers the most efficient at ranged burst damage? HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED YOUR OWN GAME? I have literally seen mages just shit out 3 affliction is 3 seconds and blow a worm up before it even started moving towards them yet it tames me all 3 of my abilities and multiple regular shots to not even kill it before it reaches me. Again lv 18 with a 1000 dmg bow, so is my characters damage broken in comparison to EVERY other ranger? is that what I’m missing? or maybe the 30 other posts from other people complaining about the ranger class weren’t enough to convince the devs the class sucks… I regret picking it as my initial playthrough since it seems to have effectively ruined all fun I saw in the game and when I’m checking this forum and seeing multiple other posts expressing my same thoughts, coming back to the game and realizing that NOTHING has changed to make the class more entertaining… it’s just SAD. And I don’t see much interest in trying the other classes until I reach the end game on one. Cause there’s no way in hell I’m gonna go through that grind again on the chance I don’t enjoy the end game content.

1000 attack weapons are base level 20. You’re level 18 so it functions as a level 18 bow. When you’re 19 it acts as a 19 bow. There are new quests that give a ton of exp. I’ll be using them tomorrow to go from level 17-20 in about 30-40 minutes.

They should be Red stars or Impossible level, hence the difficulty. Even as a solo mage they are hard, fail the spells a few times and you are most certainly done for. You might not be hitting them from far enough. Oh and rangers should have more HP…

If they are however too hard for you you can try the corrupted stags in Tradu Forsest as a ground to train to 20. I found them more enjoyable than worms because there was more to do, dodging AoE’s and moving around.

Here is a video of me doing them as a mage (P.S. also safer and good way to train spell casting):
https://vimeo.com/263306019

(P.S. you should just pull one group, 2 stags, and reset the dungeon when you have killed most of them)

Oh and it takes more than 2 afflictions to kill those worms, especially as a 18 mage. And you should get full health before 2 minutes, maybe you were stuck in combat because of bugs or something?

And if you are seeing a mage blow up a worm with affliction 2 in 3 seconds it is because they have practiced or are an alternate character of someone who has mained mage. Those are some wild skills of someone who has practiced for some time, don’t let that fool you.

If you haven’t played in a while, doing the new story quests will quickly propel you to 20 and should be pretty easy to do for you. We added them so that the grinding required to get up to max level would be much lesser (nonexistant now for your first class), so that should help.