Bring back teleportation to multiple pillars

Anyone can teleport to highsteppe, cookie, or whatever and use a runemage reagent to go anywhere from the pillar (or any pillar).

My best guess is that teleports were reduced in order to make teleportation easier such that multiple similar ritual steps wouldn’t clash, but that’s speculation. If so, the problem of being unable to cast is already addressed with the “pillar teleport menu” that anyone can use. Either way, I feel that this takes out something that was fun for many runemages to learn/memorize. There are so many spell icons to pick from too.

6 Likes

I miss being able to teleport to any stone with mage, now someone throws up a teleport and then everyone else has to use a reagent as well to get to the correct location after, it’s extra hassle and I never understood why they made this change

5 Likes

Yea, not sure why manually fast-traveling via stones costs reagents. We aren’t casting spells that require them.

We are limited to about one tele stone per area, which is fine for me but I wish those teles were to main locations within those areas. I dislike how there isn’t a difference between tele stone locations and non-tele ones. (Example: Each tele brought you to a fort or something that provided vendors and stuff. Then the other non-tele stones were as they are. Instead of every stone seeming to be random)

1 Like

This^ Runemage Reagents are not RuneMage Reagents. They runemage, Musky, and everyone else teleport fuel. agree with all this

In the OG there were no stones, these were added because some people could not manage to learn casting and ran everywhere or relied on mages to take them to places. They cost reagents to make it equal costs for those who still cast.
And other than in the OG where those were fairly rare we now drown in reagents, so I really don’t mind them having at least this use.

The name comes because they magically do something which WAS the privilege of Runemages, so the name is just fine… for example in the OG muskys needed them to rezz people, the idea was to make that cost as much as if a mage does the rezz.

But that thread got derailed fast, it was about adding spells for all pillars.
I hope that is coming soon, it would give mages an incentive to learn more spells and get them and their group faster from a to b.
However, I would likely not use it because I don’t memorize/practice that many spells; i’m always using the same to portal and looking it up takes longer than portaling twice.

1 Like

Not even, It worked fine before and its just a stupid change.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.