Bring back the old Orbus

What community do you represent exactly? Who said you can talk on their behalf exactly? Who is this massive shadow community of players who has infiltrated the Orbus community and elected you as their glorious leader?.. I only ask because ive been playing this game for quite a while and thought from your original post that maybe we shared a similar view, but it kind of seems like maybe you think you are speaking for more than yourself, and that maybe you think that you are speaking for anyone else who has ever shared views similar to yours, and i just want to make it clear, if thats the impression you have, and if you think that I might be one of those people you are speaking for, that i do not consent.

2 Likes

@Scott I hear you buddy, but, again, I am speaking on behalf of all the players who said they liked it better.
You and I enjoyed countless dungeons together but the goal of this post is to get the old Orbus back so we can play it. And we are alot of people, so I think it would be worth it for them. That’s all.

I never know how much of it is just nostalgia honestly lol. I feel like the things I miss are the things I used to complain about too which is weird. Guess you dont know how good you got it till it’s gone

I dont think it would be possible to bring the old game back logistically. At this point I feel like it’s about trying to get some of the ideas from the old game incorporated into future updates. For me personally it wouldn’t really take a crazy overhaul just more variance in mobs, msq (more questlines), no more level scaling. I really liked how long it took to level in oldbus and I think the speed of progression feels too easy now with dailies. I feel like oldbus was an mmo for people who play mmos as to where re born is more of something targeted towards the masses. I still like reborn theres just no reason to explore the world or leave highsteppe.

5 Likes

Yah you hit a nail here, I think it does. It is like this in every game I played, right after changes, expansions etc. the sentimental thoughts of vanilla, OG etc. players come about what is all ‘lost’ and they grow bigger and bigger and more glorious the more the memories fade.
Wow classic is coming back, for example. Well… I loved it when it came out, but I won’t play this. It will never be the same as back then but likely a big disappointment. My memories are not connected to these pixels but to the people and experiences in it. To the many “first” times I discovered and did things. All that won’t ever come back. If you deal with old people alot, that is just same. No, the ‘old times’ weren’t the most glorious, this is just human psychology to clinch to the past and it makes you enjoy life less if you don’t overcome it to some extend… i’m all for implementing familiar stuff, sure, why not, perhaps open a “retro-dungeon” as well (Maeo? :smiley: ), but a plain simple “bring it back” would not even work; for anyone.

1 Like

To make this thread constructive I am going to quote myself from a thread with the same sentiment:

3 Likes

Simply put, we love the old game, everything about it…Sure it could of been improved (like bug fixes) but it had so much potential.

I am even willing to host the servers for free.

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately that is probably not tangible so some break down of the top things you miss from original would help. I recommend you outline the things you miss like so, so that some reasonable discussions can be brought to the table about those given features.

• i miss [feature] because [motivation]
2 Likes

We miss the darn game, period.

@Riley_D I would much prefer an answer from Orbus officials. Thanks.

Yeah unfortunately that is probably not tangible for the dev team to bring back a whole game written on an outdated game engine. The next best thing for the dev team to do is to identify why you ‘miss the old game’ so that some tangible effort can be made (if deemed reasonable) to fix it. I recommend you outline the things you miss like so, so that some reasonable discussions can be brought to the table about those given features.

• i miss [feature] because [motivation]
2 Likes

Actually i think you’re right Scott. Reborn is pretty great. There are so many things i love about it.
Dragon Racing
Public Events
New Classes
Existing Class Upgrades
The art style
New mechanics
The overworld
Secret quests
new mounts
amazing lore
shoulder pets
super dank hard core raid content

This game has a lot going for it, the list is endless really.

1 Like

That’s great for your crowd @Human and this post is not about that. It’s about bringing back the old Orbus for us who think it’s much better than reborn. I would like to remind you to please respect this post.

I think reborne does so many more things better. There are certain things I miss of Old Orbus, but I know I wouldn’t want to go back to 100% hor things were. So many fixes, QOL improvements, ect. would not be there.

I think J was really trying hard to help you make a more productive post.

6 Likes

@Infraggable_Krunk Thank you for your feedback, however, this post is for people who want the old Orbus back, reborn sucks!

I could not agree with you more krunk. Remeber how janky the tanking used to be??? Reborn cleaned everything up so much better.

Preach it, brother

You keep saying this, but no one has commented in agreement? where is this community?
I miss the immersive experience of Oldbus sure, but to be fair there is way more stuff in reborn? It’s a tough call. I feel even if they did bring it back cause of this “huge community hating on reborn” how long would you honestly play it for without getting bored then throw up another post of wanting Reborn back? …I no comprende.

Everyone,

Please read the very first post on this thread. Understand that this is a request and not a debate. The community that I represent are gone, they don’t like reborn and neither do I. Only the reborn fans are here currently so please, I ask that you respect this and I would appreciate if you all kept your comments to yourselves. If it did happen, you would play reborn and I would play the original Orbus. It’s no big deal!

Oh you are so right kizzy, we have had so many good times… especially in reborn. Oh i totally forgot

TRIXTER GOBLINS!!!

Everyone,

Please read the very first post on this thread. Understand that this is a request and not a debate. The community that I represent are gone, they don’t like reborn and neither do I. Only the reborn fans are here currently so please, I ask that you respect this and I would appreciate if you all kept your comments to yourselves. If it did happen, you would play reborn and I would play the original Orbus. It’s no big deal!