Cant Connect, Factory Reset didnt help

Please help me.

I logged into my Oculus Quest today to play, and it wouldnt let me login. Says “your oculus account is not properly logged into your Quest, please factory reset.”

I did. Once with my phone, then again with the Quest itself.

Neither worked and I’m very upset. This game is 95% of why i bought my quest and literally the only thing i have one it atm.

Please help.

Hey there,

Sorry for the trouble. This is something that unfortunately we don’t have any control over. When you see that error it’s because your headset is reporting to use that your Oculus User ID is 0. Usually a Factory Reset fixes it which is why we added that message. Have you reached out to Oculus Support?

so, for no reason i could tell, i began to work on its own again later last night. So atm, im okay.

Is there a fix being worked on by either side? If finding my Oculus ID is the problem, why not prompt the user to log in instead?

Currently a Factory Reset is the only way to “login” to your Quest device. They haven’t put in a way to logout and back in on a different Oculus ID for example. If they did that would make this much easier, for sure.

I meant, why not prompt the user to login when opening Orbus VR

that a good idea, that way vive users can have there accounts on quest as well (I don’t know if that already can or not though)

My guess is they as developers on a closed platform don’t have any access to the log in API, only the who is logged in

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.