Can't name my character

I hate to be overly critical, but its hard to like a game when it requires you to use an actual name online. Usernames not being allowed is a mistake. I don’t want some random person to know my name. What should I do? I want to enjoy this game, it looks fun, but I can’t do that if I can’t make a character.

Ehm, where and why do you have to use your actual name…?! The only reason why a username is not available is that it is already taken, you can insert ê or í or tamper with the spelling if you tried to register for a certain name.

If you are not talking about the ingame name, but your forum account, this name is editable in your settings. I, for example, am not Metris Marshmallow in rl :slight_smile:

1 Like

Usernames are 100% allowed… best believe my real name isn’t “Sift”

If you mean on the forums, you need to go to the main website and change your account details in the right hand corner on orbusvr.com. Make sure you’re logged in. Otherwise, in game you can use what ever you like at the character creation screen.

from what I read the only rule is the names were meant to be not like xbox gamer tags where people just add letters or numbers

i mean in the game. everything i type is taken

Damn. Thats just unlucky. I can assure you that the only rule when it comes to names is to not have swears or slurs in the name, so just keep trying until you find a name that isn’t already taken

also no numbers

1 Like

Definitely check out the special characters available to replace a normal vowel. I’m friends with Jay and Jåy in game.

1 Like

Its a pretty low population game, man… I know you want AdultHuman really bad, but you might have to try something else… i assure you there are one or two other names available.

Technically you can get roughly 80,658,175,170,943,900,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 different combinations from putting upper case and lower case letters together, so I’m sure you will get one to work eventually

:smiley: - But still I was surprised in the beta how many names seem to be taken, I tried for a while, also with exotic combinations…

Perhaps devs can at least consider a bit of a cleanup, like of chars which got less than 30mins playtime in and didn’t log in for a year or so. Judging from sale numbers vs. active numbers there must be lots peaking in for some minutes and dropping the game, which just occupies names for no reason.

2 Likes

LadyPotato lives on in our memories forever at 1.5 hours played :rofl:

3 Likes

I do back the idea of a clean up at some point, especially with the demo accounts that will start using up names now too. I wanted ‘Ewok’ but someone got that name to lvl 5 and quit the game ages ago so I can’t use it. I remember hearing that loads of names got used up in one of the sales and its a shame to know so many less than 5h playtime accounts are using up names.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.