Can't strafe/slide on Oculus Quest

I am currently unable to use the sliding Locomotion feature on my Oculus Quest no matter how I change the settings. I was wondering if this is an intentional feature or if there’s something wrong. I’ve rebooted the headset several times I however have not uninstalled/reinstalled the game as everything but that seems to be working. Normally on my Rift my settings are strafe left stick smooth turn right stick and I’ve had 0 problems there. Any information or assistance would be lovely thank you.

Are you the one on Reddit who was having problems with the left stick? If not can you let us know specifically what’s not working? Should be the same as Rift.

I am indeed the same individual from Reddit. After a little more testing today it’s not the left stick it’s strafing in general. I am simply unable to utilize any kind of locomotion other than teleportation or physically walking around my play space. No matter which stick I’m using I am able to smooth turn and snap turn I just have no forward locomotion. I even disabled the setting for changing my speed based on lifting my controller up or down and nothing changed. I went back and tested it on my Rift and everything was fine on that end so whatever the issue is it seems to be Quest side. Thanks again for the reply.

Double check you enabled the teleport+slide option, sounds like that isn’t selected, maybe try disabling it and re-enabling it

1 Like

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game on Quest. booted up and immediately changed that setting again. Working perfectly now. Thanks! You’ve both been great!

2 Likes

I just hopped in to see if I could recreate the issue. What was happening for me is that I would change the settings and it would work momentarily. I believe that as the beginning tutorial progressed, it would reset my locomotion setting after each step. After getting out of that tutorial, the settings stuck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.