Chronic booted from Orbusvr App

It happens so often I’d call it chronic at this point, getting kicked out of the app to my home screen on the Oculus Quest. I’m not usually completly disconnected and can usually resume where I left off but it really can detract from play. Usually I can just start the Orbusvr app again and resume, a full login isn usually required as it still seem to be still running in the background.

The gardian may have someting to do with this issue as its always highlighted upon getting kicked out of the app. Not sure if thats true but its what I’ve observed.

I’ve tried adjusting my gurdian settings but nothing lesses these occurances. This isnt a major issue for other apps, sometimes the guardian may pop up briefly but I’m usually not kicked out of those other apps.

Sorry to hear that, a few follow up questions:

• Are you playing with the guardian set to Room scale Or stationary?
  • If Orbus is the first app you open after a complete shutdown/restart of the Quest do you still get these crashes?
  • Is it crashing (taking you back to the Oculus Home screen) or D/C (taking you back to the Orbus Character login screen)?
1 Like

i have similar issue but it force close itself also one time crash it could not close i had to restart computer to fix it

Roomscale for guardian setup. I’m not sure on second question for sure, but it is often the fist app I run upon Power up or restart and I believe its just as frequent, but I’ll do a little tracking to be sure.

It boots/ kicks me to the oculus home screen, if I navigate back to library or select the Orbusvr app from the home (feeds) screen I can usually jump righ back where I left off. Don’t usually need to fully log back in via character select, as I said still seems to be running in the background I just get booted to oculus home.

On the Quest headset or on PC?

im on oculus rift cv1 on pc @Robert it happens all the time for me at the bad times like raids or shards also get a but cant move in random moment happened once in a while cant move or teleport

@Robert i am on the stream client

I do know for sure (as another quest user) that if you step out of your guardian area too far, it’ll suspend the game to open the cameras for safety, but if you go back in within a few seconds it’ll go right back to game. If you stay out too long, it’ll boot you to oculus menu and suspend/close the game.

Learned all this when I’d step out of it to check the public events tracker. Lol.

It’s a Quest issue, I had the same problem. After a bit of Google searching, I discovered it is effecting a lot of people. Good news is, there’s a workaround, it worked for me. Essentially, you activate “developer” mode, sign up as a developer (just need to designate a name), then you can turn off the guardian completely.

Now, I’m not recommending anyone do this, for obvious safety reasons, but it DOES fix the issue of getting constantly dumped out to your home screen. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Yeah the boundary is not being triggered due to proximity, and I’m definitely not crossing the boundary in anyway. I set it up for room scale and then I just play in the center of that quite large boundary area.

2 Likes

Thanks that’s good to know I tend to play basically seated anyway so there’s really no issue running into anything etc. Though for any of my more active experiences and games I’m gonna have to turn that back on so it’s still a hassle, and of course Orbis is the only real app that still kicks me all the way back to the home screen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.