Client Issue - Persistent behavior even after PC reboot

I’ve recently encountered a rash of repeatable client issues. Seems to happen more often when I zone but have seen it while in zone killing trash.

Behavior - Game appears to be running, I can hear music but no voices, mobs/players stop moving. If I attempt to logout, nothing appears to happen. If I wait a minute or two, the screen will go black. At this point I’ll kill the client and get a Windows VRClient has stopped responding. I’ll restart the client but the behavior will occur after 10-15? minutes of game play. I’ve even rebooted my PC to see if that makes a difference.

I know that Monday I was working fine; did multiple shards without issues. I also know the issue occured before the latest client update today. I do believe there was a Windows update recently but I’m fairly certain the behavior occurred even before the update. Only other change was that I removed a hard-wired mouse/keyboard and replace with Logitech K400 wireless media combo. I can swap that out tomorrow to see if that is a factor.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

1 Like

I find this consistently happens to me on the proxied connection type. Have you tried changing connection type to see if that helps?

Keep in mind, I do play regularly and this is a recent behavior… I usually use the first/default option (forget the wording) but I’ll add that to my testing in the AM as well.

Logs have been sent to Riley.

We will have a look at the logs…Definitely feel free to keep us updated with any new information. Thanks

Might be onto something, which USB (or shared bridge) the sensor, headset, and mouse/keyboard makes a huge difference… I need to switch them around a bit more since it appears my audio slightly crackles (like a blown subwoofer when a deep note hits), but haven’t been booted when zoning.

This would correlate with me moving USB connections around when I acquired the new keyboard for the game room…

Even though multiple ports show “Blue” as USB 3.0 and Oculus device settings also show it was talking USB3, I suspected something was wonky… Leveraged an old tool to help me understand what’s really going on without needing to dig into the PC:

UsbTreeView V3.3.6 - Shows the USB Device Tree - Freeware by Uwe Sieber - www.uwe-sieber.de

Move the headset, sensors, and Logitech keyboard combo around and have been solid for 3-4 hours of on and off testing. To obad the tool doesn’t show me real-time throughput utilization…

Anyhow, I’m guessing that when I zone to an area there’s a spike in new info info that with the headset on a sub optimum USB, I was choking myself out of the game… We can let this die!!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for updating us on this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.