Close call failed bug

For the achievement close call, we beat the crypt shard3 with 2 seconds left on the clock. it claims we failed though and ate my shard. we even got the ‘dungeon cleared’ message with time still on the clock.

Also can you add ‘shard used’ to the combat log so we can provide proof for this in the future?

1 Like

Due to lag, sometimes the clock gets off. I’ve seen a difference of 3-4 seconds between the group sometimes. For the 15 min reward it seems you usally need 10 second barrier for that to register properly. 7 seconds at the end (that is if your timer is the correct one). I’ve never cared enough to test to see if the one who puts the shard in keeps the most accurate time.

1 Like

Delay from when the boss/last mob dies to when you get the shard is usually extended by the death animation of whatever dies last, this was also the case In OG orbus, some of the bosses like doveregubben had a long death animation so you had a lot of time from when the boss died until the shard was completed while the all the tradu bosses had a much shorter death animation thus completing the shard almost as soon as the boss was killed.

2 Likes

I checked on the armory and you finished with 0 seconds so you didn’t do it on time, I’d recommend killing the last mob with about 10-12 seconds left to get the achievement

I would still say that shards should finish as soon as the last mob/boss dies instead of after the death animation is over.

4 Likes

The last mob might still rez :man_shrugging:

what does that have to do with it? The mobs that rez don’t count until the rez is killed

there are issues with that too tho, resurrections also don’t happen until the death animation is over and have no indication other than suddenly being back. this really is horrible and should happen instantly with some sort of particle effect.

It is very likely easier for code because it takes some time for a mob to rez. So unless it fully dies it can not be certain if the shard is done. Making a separate rule for all non T10 and bosses would clutter the code more and lazy code = best code :stuck_out_tongue:

And I don’t see a big high importance on making the shard end on exactly mob health 0%.

but all of these things stem from the fact that a mob/boss likely isn’t seen as dead until after the death animation, so it should be fixable by changing that one part of the code(or maybe one part of every single mob/boss asset, which would be take longer to fix).

I do agree tho, it’s not high priority. it mostly just means you have a few seconds less time to actually complete the dungeon and mob percentage is a bit slow to update.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.