Consistently Losing Voice Chat with Party

Hello everyone,

For the last few days my parties and I have been experiencing this issue. Randomly, I will be able to hear them, but they are not able to hear me and vice versa. Re-Initiating the game seems to fix it, but only temporarily. It usually comes back within an hour.

Everyone around us (not in the party) is able to hear each of us just fine and vice versa.

Anyone else experience this?

Dude anyone who has played for 10+ hours has experienced this and everyone knows about it; the devs just have not fixed it yet

No one had mentioned this to me before. I appreciate you clearing it up.

That’s why everyone enters discord for any event that is important like a dungeon!

That is also the reason why they haven’t fixed it yet, discord… People would have kept complaining about the broken voice chat if there was no alternative voice program. Then they would have fixed it by now. :frowning:

We did a major overhaul of the voice system about three months ago, and I think it significantly improved things. I know for myself personally, anytime I get on to do testing with the team and we are in-game for 2 or 3 hours everything works very well (although to be fair we mostly use the proximity rather than the party or Fellowship chat).

If folks are still having issues since that update, I would be more than happy to keep looking into it. It’s hard to know at this point how much of the reputation of it not working is due to how bad it was before versus after the rework, since I know a lot of people didn’t really switch back after they were already comfortable on Discord.

So I guess if you are having issues with it post-rework, please feel free to report those and we will keep looking into it alongside the other changes we are making to fix some of the underlying networking issues. It’s certainly not a case of us not caring or not trying to fix the issue, we just need more “fresh” information if it’s not working for folks at this point.

Last night I was in a party with 3 other people and we had issues where one of us would not be heard by the rest, but they could still hear all 3 of the others. I believe it happened to at least 3 of us, myself included. One instance happened when one of us died (to spiders on the snake battlefield island), I then switched to my musket and revived them and they could no longer be heard. We didn’t realize for a while afterwards either.
We’ve noticed that it seems to happen around loading zones or instances. A couple weeks ago I was with a different group doing the jungle dungeon a few times and several times when we entered someone wouldn’t be heard by the rest.
The easiest fix we’ve found is that whoever can’t hear someone needs to logout and back on themselves, not the person who can’t be heard.

And is this on the party chat specifically (where you hold up the compass) or on the proximity chat?

Proximity chat. I believe the compass also stops working, but we didn’t try any of that last night.

We have talked the past month with new ppl and almost every week had this problem were one of us couldn’t hear some of the other ppl in proximity chat. Reloging for the ppl that can not hear the other person fixed it sometimes. Other times someone else will get the bug after the relog. If it gets too annoying we just bring that person to discord.

I have had this issue plenty of times since the last update to the in-game voice chat, mostly while hanging out in highsteppe, normally just relog to fix

Okay, thanks for the info! If I can get some output logs from when it happens that would be helpful. However, I think I know of at least one bug that is currently on our roadmap that might help, so I’ll let you know when that rolls out as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.