Crashing more now than ever

I am on Steam and just running the default branch. I have verified files and restarted everything, Id be happy to shoot over logs

Sure, especially if there are any folder ones with the date on them.

Can confirm, this guy crashes more than the cryptocurrency market cap.

2 Likes

Same here. Keeps crashing every 4-5 minutes. Earlier today I was able to play with it crashing about twice an hour. Always says clientvr.exe has stopped responding.

1 Like

that did it worst to me. Like OP, i cannot stay for more than 4 minutes at most in the game since the latest hotfix to the 3.66. Or login room freezes, didnt load the char list

1 Like

Have any of you reverted to using the -connectws method that was in use prior to those patches? If not I’d suggest giving that a shot to get the game playable again.

Can you all send me your output_logs so I can see what’s going on?

It’s under (SteamLibrary)/steamapps/common/OrbusVR/vrclient_Data/output_log.txt

Send it to [email protected] and I’ll take a look.

I Just got the game from Oculus store if that has any bearing on it, and Yea, I’ll send the logs as soon as I find out how. along with the connecttws tip as well.

EDIT: don’t think I can do the connect thing seeing as I don’t use steam. Also sent the logs to you Riley_D

1 Like

I have been crashing a few times an hour. I’ll start sending my logs as well. I’m on a vive.

And you weren’t crashing before the patch yesterday morning?

Okay. Can you try right-clicking on OrbusVR and selecting Properties… and then in the “Betas” tab picking “rollback” from the drop-down and seeing if you still crash on that patch as well?

I will try that tonight.

I’ve always had some crashes, but after this patch it has been more frequent, also in zones my screen starts loading at times. It happens a lot in lower highstepp. I can make a recording of it, if that helps. Also, 80% of the time when I teleport home, I’m stuck under my house and have to relog to fix it. This use to happen about 10-15% of the time before the patch.

Can you also try running on the “beta” branch and let me know if that’s any better?

I only crashed once in 2 hours with the beta branch and the game loaded a lot faster. Not sure why that would be the case but it does.

I’m going to opt in to beta on oculus software and see if that does anything

EDIT:I was able to play for about an hour until it crashed. Interesting.

I rolled out those Beta branch changes to the main default branch so everyone should have them now. Thanks!

I perhaps crash once an hour but it varies, probably has something to do with your rig not being able to support it?

Maybe, but I have a pretty up to date rig,
i5 6600K slightly overclocked
980Ti slightly overclocked
32GB DDR4 ram

watercooled and maintained at a pretty even temp the parts at the start of the loop are at about 34C and the parts near the end are at about 36C

And I’m running the game on LOW visual settings

Are you still crashing that frequently Arick? Sorry I assumed this was fixed when it was fixed for the others. Let me know if that’s not the case.

I ended up switching back to using -connectws. I keep getting vrclient stopped working errors otherwise, at least once an hour.

Yeah I have tried everything in this thread and have also tried reformatting the disk the game is being held on and fresh booting my operating system and I still seem to crash every 5 minutes or so.

When it crashes it is always the steamVR client failing so I am wondering if it is a steamVR issue more so than an Orbus issue. I don’t typically play other VR games though so I don’t have anything else to compare it too.