Devs went poof?

Remember when the devs were almost always on the forums helping people out and giving their opinions on stuff? Even if it isn’t true, it seems like they have lost interest recently. The only times I ever really see a dev posting something on the forums is when they are telling people to stop being toxic, or when a thread is getting closed for toxicity. Personally, I feel as if I am wasting my time every time I post something on the forums because I know that the devs are either not going to see it, or they just arent going to care / bother to post anything. This is a big deal. Good communication with your community is crucial, especially for smaller games like this, and for a while now it seems as if the devs just don’t care anymore. If anyone else has been feeling the same way I would appreciate it if you would post something below explaining your feelings on this topic.

2 Likes

Selective hearing…

Here is what I put in the other thread but seems fitting to this one

I just started playing Orbus so I can’t speak on what happened here in the early days but I’ve seen this sentiment across many games. Pretty much all of them… Players feel like they are being ignored, devs don’t listen to what is “ruining” their game, etc. Almost universally, forums posters are a vocal minority of the total population of a game. The majority of players don’t post or even look at the forums. Could be different here, I have no clue what the total population of this game is. But if devs just started doing whatever people on the forums wanted, it could spell disaster. I’m not completely disagreeing with your point, there are plenty of times I’ve felt the same way in other games, I’m just giving you the other side of the coin. It’s funny too, in the Patch thread from 10/10, one of the first comments is “Fantastic update, thank you for listening to our feedback as a community.” So there’s that.

On the topic of just responding to people in general and communicating with players better, sure I’ve definitely felt that way too. But we have no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, how busy they really are, what they are testing for the next patch, etc. I honestly think people have become far too spoiled in gaming. Yes we are the paying customers but it gets a little ridiculous sometimes. Play the game if you enjoy it, take a break if you aren’t happy. When the devs have something to communicate to the players, they will.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.