Done with PvP for now

Generally there is 1 premade who owns the PvP sessions in the evening and they are well practiced and not really beatable so I cba to play it anymore… Until there is a 1v1 mode or 2v2 mode atleast.

• I ended up just running around capping flags which is boring AF… even then they just kill team mates and cap flags too so cant really complete my weeklies unless i put together my own premade really…

• Rangers can wreck mages from a distance…

• The damage I need to do as a runemage to other players has to be about 4-5 spells before they are dead… Pretty hard if they are practiced enough to jump around or just need to point and shoot to kill you. Although I can kill other runemages, warriors and paladins pretty easily without much problem.

• Sometimes my affliction does not even apply when I hit some players of all different classes (no idea why really?).

So yeah for now… PvP isn’t for me. Just a bit of feedback really.

5 Likes

I stumbled into those as well, one tipp is perhaps going 4h earlier than now, I frequently stumbled over known names, across guilds, and new players. Today I saw yoyo (haha, pala power) and Johann and Sweyn don’t think that was a premade.
But yea, seeing certain names all in a group and nonames in yours you can forget the run. Also I hope it is getting better after the latest patch, but once again one of our players crashed (we all queued up single, accidentally happend to be 3 in group of guild) and it’s just pointless to try getting the middle flag, outnumbered all the time.

Also, this weekly quest is rubbish, no matter what I do it’s stuck on 11% I don’t even know what to do… is that for the top 10 or for kills or what (well, I play the musky/support mostly, so goodbye kills :smiley: )

2 Likes

I think classes are just too imbalanced for it to be fun for me right now honestly.

The mechanics are pretty simple also which makes it a bit boring after a few rounds also.

Yeah usually when I am vsing other non-premade groups its not an issue.

Quote other mage friend:

"you need to apply 2-3 afflictions and a fireball

and than wait 10 seconds

before the enemy actually dies"

in comparison I get beaten by a scoundrel jumping around all over the place in 5 seconds. I think Runemages have been overly nerfed to be honest.

1 Like

We are fixing the progress bug right now, sorry about that. Might have a fix for it later today if people are trying to squeeze it in before the reset.

People who crash should be able to get back in to the game now, let us know if that’s not working.

1 Like

current pvping lacks ;

• only one game mode (domination) .
  • no other motivating rewards beside some rep .(if you actually have a chance to complete your quest)
  • people getting dismotivated by actually facing the same premade over and over and over.
  • premades .
  • new players getting spawncamped by the premades .

as i would maybe suggest is like ;

-make pvp not premade queueable so everybody has a fair chance .

• if you get spawncamped by numerous times set in a timer that puts the enemy back at there spawn.

-try adding (futurewise) a other gamemode ( CTF, TDM )

-motivating rewards wich involve titles/pvp uniques only/ pets wich can be earned by spending pvp points.

• nerf scoundrels.
2 Likes

These. :100: :100: :100:

1 Like

They will if you aren’t moving. But mage > ranger. You shouldn’t really lose to a ranger that much if you are constantly moving.

ranger can hit you double the distance as a mage spell can do from long range .

there are some very skilled rangers wich have no problems hitting you over long range distance even when breaking your thumbs jumping.

and mage>ranger does not always apply as a mage constantly moving you needa be hella fast at casting when you are getting rekt by a spam ranger . and dont forget the ranger jumps to.

and one decently placed charged piercing is always enough to auto click graveyard becuz you are dead meat anyway.

Basically the issue is that mage casts take longer than to hit, direct and cast than the pewpew of a gun or bow simply put. ‘git gud’ just isn’t really an answer to the issue unfortunately. It was a little bit better balanced but it feels like affliction has been nerfed significantly since I last played which now makes it very hard to kill them before they kill you. Affliction was a good way to balance the difference in shots per second from a ranger and scoundrel.

1 Like

Remember, team game modes often require acting like a team. I played on ur team earlier J and u made no effort to use in game chat to coordinate, much like every other non pre made team I have been on

1 Like

I don’t use in-game chat (I have it permanently at 0 volume). I don’t want to talk to randoms whilst I PvP. No offense to the randoms.

Sounds like BG might just not be for you if you’re solo then.

4 Likes

This thread isn’t about me. It is about what makes a BG ‘fun’ and what does not.

Hey we were the rando’s. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also Kamina does have a point. Especially you would also quit shards if you wouldn’t coordianate with your group.

2 Likes

This thread isn’t about me. It is about what makes a BG ‘fun’ and what does not.

I know it isn’t about you. But you kinda make it about you by keep responding like this. I even wanted to acknowledge you saying that. But now you repeated it, it feels :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have my chat on in dungeons, mostly, but don’t see a point in bgs, they are simply too short to mess with settings. I am in guild discord as well where we do coordinate, at times, when we happen to be in a group, but way less than in dungeons I mean what will you do… all I mostly say is errrm I go capture flags keep em busy where you at ok … but yea, it is not my main playing content I got no clue what to coordinate or how to get better we are not doing that very often, just for fun and giggles.

I can not even imagine to coordinate bgs with randoms, the problem is that these are often so new they need to be told what to do, at all, or some are afk it is pretty non-equal, right now.

BTW I still have no clue what color I am this alone is hilarious… I mean, first chit-chat in discord is always about that ok are we blue… no wait… we are red… no wait… :laughing::rofl:

People self-select out of many things in this game. I’m glad you figured out “PVP isn’t for you”. Personally, BGs are still ‘fun’, though, even if Scoundrels are a little over represented. I’m not sure about your mage suggestions since I don’t run mage, but I get destroyed by good mages plenty. I wouldn’t call them underpowered or over nerfed just yet.

I get trashed by elk daily, Runemages can be really annoying if played right. However BGs belong to LC stay white named nerds.

ive heard alot of new players complain to wich demotivates them, wich causes endless waiting queues , wich makes bg’s boring facing the same enemies over and over.

yes kamina has a point .but also take a look at it from the other side, we all like pvp but facing the same players over and over again makes it like boring. also the most communication with randoms you have is ; "ooh its them again, might as wel do nothing "

i totally agree on this one . making blue/ red dyed outfits while joining would be a great apply .

2 Likes