Dynamic Scaling Status

I wanted to see how people felt about the dynamic Scaling. I don’t quite get the point of it. I just started playing again and was struggling against a baby pig, while decked out in my old level 20 shard 6 gear. After several minutes I was victorious and got like 50 xp. Not sure how this system helps. I wouldn’t be motivated to help other players while getting so little xp, and it really takes away from any feeling of accomplishment while playing solo. I use to help lower level players just to be friendly and I don’t remember that ever being an issue.

Am I missing something? I just started playing again so I’m trying to be open minded.

what class were you on?

The objective is to allow players to group up even if they arent close in level. (it doesnt really work out that way due to the way quests work).

I hate it but with a small playerbase it lets people find groups easier and go straight to dungeons with the finder. Kindof makes the game world itself moot so probably many people won’t experience all zones (I could be wrong… but I don’t see why progressing through level appropriate areas is a thing, just look for an overtuned respawn spot and nuke your way to 30 with aoe’s)

First and foremost: your 20 shard 6 gear is worthless at present. They were implemented incorrectly (IMHO) and end up worse than 20+0 new gear.

Secondly: Pigs, Deer, and other ‘nonenemy’ mobs are absurdly powerful at the moment. They have not been revised yet.

Edit: if the devs are paying attention, please put us in with 20+ 1/2xtier gear (e.g. t14 -> 20+7 new gear). This would give everyone the benefit of having something that will stick with them for at least a few levels but won’t make any difference come endgame. For people who didn’t get as far (t5/t10 gear), it will mean that their bonus is less than the people who did the hardest tier.

3 Likes

The animals had a lot of life before. Less now but still a lot. How about other enemies?

frank_r, That make sense to me for the dungeons, or even if you group up with lower level players, but why does it have to be applied when you are solo?

You didn’t answer the question of which class you are. But I am going to assume now you were a musky, which must be the root of the slow killing problem XD

Musky was always a Problem to lvl via killing Monsters soooo slow :rofl: but in reborn its even slower no point to lvl by killing monsters, that’s annoying
@Drago_IronHolde what class are you?

1 Like

The good thing is that killing mobs in reborn doesn’t really give any experience anyway, so you aren’t really punished as a musky

@AcaviGER, I was a mage, so it took a long time for being a mage and for the enemy being a small pig.

The question is more of do you think it actually fixes anything? Dynamic Scaling in dungeons sounds fine, it doesn’t seem to solve anything in the overworld in my opinion.

1 Like

I agree. It made sense in that people can quest with each other regardless of level,but then the devs went and implemented level locked quests. If they had just made it so that ppl could do any quest at any level then it would work great

2 Likes

Except then people would generally complain about the lack of progression.

Did you have the true affliction talent? It seems to make you do less damage overall and reduces a level 30 fireball 2 to 6000 damage on spell hit and then dots do the rest of spell damage and you can therefore loose damage, swapping to affinity makes it much smoother.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m more interested in people’s general opionon about the scaling and its usefulness. I’m sure I can tweak my setup so I can more easily kill pigs and baby dear, but I personally don’t think I should have to. Or more specifically that the dynamic scaling doesn’t really solve a problem while making you feel less powerful overall.

1 Like

i think that would be fixed by having a more intricate and interesting talent tree. If you got a talent every level and could put it into a bunch of different things, i feel like you would have that ‘progression’ you are looking for.

When I heard of dynamic scaling, I thought it would be more like Guild Wars 2’s dynamic scaling. In that system, high-level players don’t one-shot low level enemies, but at the same time, low-level enemies are still dramatically weaker than high-level enemies, and you can still kill low-level enemies in a matter of seconds if you were geared out in top-tier max-level gear.

I’ll withold my judgement, however, because I think this might change as you get better gear. I’m not sure how gear factors into the scaling system, but I suspect that gear quality matters. Once I see what low-level enemies are like, when fighting them with high-level gear that has proper stat bonuses, I’ll make my conclusions.

I absolutely hate the dynamic scaling idea with a burning passion. I can see the reasons why the Orbus team wants it in game but me saying it isn’t putting me off Reborn would be a lie.

1 Like