Epic Drop Rates (resolved)

I have been 20 for a while now and have been killing aberrations in groups and also in the mines today. I have not had a single Epic drop (In game name is Dobs).
I understand these are meant to be rare items and don’t always drop but i have been seeing so many people reach 20 and getting fully decked out in epics in a day and i haven’t had a single drop.
I don’t know if this is a bug or my bad luck but its getting to the point where i cant farm the same thing over and over again to just get nothing while people in my party have 2 or 3 epics drop when we go out.

PS i got my elongata cape so at least i look good i guess.

3 Likes

Yes I have seen dobs and the amount of time he puts into this game. It is absurd he has not gotten a single epic.

1 Like

I thought they greatly buffed abberation drops?

You know if you do the Tradu Mines with 5 players killing one boss 5 times will guarantee a drop for you because there is a daily drop from Tradu Mines now.

2 Likes

This was exactly the type of thing the new loot system was meant to address. If you get a group of 5 people together, and go kill 5 bosses in the same wing of the new dungeon (you can even just kill the first boss and then leave and come back and do it again if you can’t do them both), you are guaranteed to get a drop once per day. And all drops off the bosses in the new dungeon are Epics.

Also we doubled the drop rate of Epics on Aberrations in the Wilds, so I’m not sure if you went there yesterday but you should have a really good chance now of getting them there too.

3 Likes

Yeah i did aberrations yesterday after i tried the dungeon. In the dungeon we got one boss down and couldn’t kill others so we went to farm the same boss and couldn’t seem to get him down again (Not sure why).

But i think we did aberrations for about 2 hours and the same person who always gets epics weapon drops just kept getting epic weapon drops.

If we cant seem to get bosses down because they hit too hard i need to farm out gear but its pointless farming for gear that i will never get.

2 Likes

Not to pile on, but we did notice something odd with epic drops in the new dungeon as well. We had a group get their guaranteed drops and then kill one of the bosses about 15 more times afterwards, with luck rings (and one person running several luck potions). In those 15 kills one of the 5 members (not the one with luck potions) of the group got 1 epic once, and the rest of the time, everyone got dram. Later last night, a couple members of that group got replaced and 2 individuals got 5+ drops in a row, over (what I believe to be) a similar number of kills. Could be random but it seems to stretch statistical variance.

2 Likes

I’m watching the loot logs really closely, and it seems to be working fine. RNG is RNG.

2 Likes

Guess ill just keep going for a little bit then. Not sure how much longer i can take it tbh.

1 Like

What time does the daily reset for guaranteed drop for Tradu Mines

Midnight CST

I would say continue enjoying the game and do not let loot hinder that enjoyment. Loot isn’t going to give you fun, the groups you form and the mobs you kill will. The loot allows you to do the fun things slightly easier.

Remember, there are VERY few level 20s, in the next few months you will have a full set of epics and it really won’t matter. There will be more and more loot sources as the game continues on.

3 Likes

Dobs, RNG was unfavorable to me and I spent weeks running world bosses and aberrations for many hours a day, and I still don’t have all epic gear. However, I became a much better player. Orbus isn’t as gear dependent as other MMOs, skill is a huge factor. Just think of how much you’ll improve by grinding for gear.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.