Explosion! 💥

In the first couple of weeks of reborn one of the weekly shard mutations that could rotate in was ‘Reaction test’ where random balls would explode around a fight keeping players on there toes and also adding this cool explosion factor.

Its been a couple of months now and I haven’t seen it at all. Is it bugged? has RNG-esus smited reaction test into oblivion? was it removed for some reason?

Please bring back EXPLOSIONS! Reaction test https://youtu.be/Lstt_N7FRK0 :boom:

4 Likes

Very important post here :point_up: :grimacing:

2 Likes

as in on_your toes?

1 Like

Its been too long, reaction test, on_your toes, explosions… whatever the name was we need it back!

1 Like

It was not on_your_toes. that is the ground pools that do like 10% of your health even on a T10.

1 Like

New week, no explosions :sob:

on a more serious note, its sickness again with vindictive. it feels like some affixes rotate in more than others and I would just like to double check the RNG isn’t biased at all? If any Dev can confirm

Mutations I’ve barely seen more than even twice:
On_your toes, Reaction test, infection, deep wounds, power strikes, (shrooms? was in the old game but was removed?)

Mutations that seem common:
vindictive, last stand, virus, wild creatures, discontent, unstable

Side note: It might be better to make it so mutations that are picked the previous week aren’t possible again for a second week. (we have had sickness 2 weeks running/possibly 3 weeks)

No one is missing deep wounds, especially healers. I agree that it’d be nice to have a way to guarantee a nice fresh mixture every week.

1 Like

deep wounds was removed all together from what I remember because it was so horrible

edit: yup it was removed
Riley: “For now I have removed it from the Shard Rotation. That’s going to randomly change what is active this week, but there are a lot of major mutations that haven’t been seen yet and I’d rather a) see some new ones show up hopefully (although I have no idea what they are now since it’s random) and b) we’ll wait to put it back in until we get that VFX in with it.”
(for some reason I can’t quote it, maybe because the thread is locked? :thinking:

I looked through all our shards 6-10 since I am pretty sure we did one almost every week (not sure about a couple weeks after launch though, when people were still leveling), result:

5x Last Stand
5x Discontent
5x Sickness
5x Vindictive
4x Infection
3x Unstable
2x Wild Creatures
2x Virus
1x Reaction Test
1x Power Strikes
1x On Your_toes
(1x Deep Wounds - taken out)

Could be a double one is missing (same order+mutation in 2 different weeks), but with the numbers of possible combinations some showing up 5x and some 1x is still well inside the RNG I guess…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.