Fall Festival Feedback

Since the thread with the patch is locked now and the Festival about to end, here some feedback as asked in the newsletter:

• Deco/Design: That I found really nicely done, be it HS, inside the player house, the cute brezurple monkeys/pet or in general the foliage and floor colors in areas. Specially Lamavora was much nicer to quest in with less bright colors around, I do miss that already.
  • Critter Hunt: The intial pet quest with the 75 was nice, but getting the title I enjoyed the least. Way too many critters needed. I lost interest after 200, often getting only 1 or nothing since they hopped under stones or out into the sea (Hulthines). But the worst of all, as with other achievements: no progress indicator. I counted them myself, yet was way off in the end.
    There must be an internal counter… why can’t achievements at least have a simple display of that counter like 245/500, anything would help? That would be a major QOL improvement and incentive to go for critter hunt and other achievements, at all.
  • Monster Kill quests: I did not stress these, did a few kills on several days, the amount was ok and nice to do in between.
  • Rewards: The 2 transmogs I found really cool, it is fun to see people putting all sort of dyes onto them. Then a title, a pet, I’d not desire much more, well, couple more different quests perhaps to get all this (harvesting, brewing… after all it’s a harvest festival).

Overall I enjoyed it and hope for more, possibly a similar winter event…?

4 Likes

my suggestion is less grinding and more things to do. grinding get boring especially when its due to waiting for things to spawn.

I’ve been saying this for the longest time, not sure how many times I’ve posted about it now but it really needs some love

2 Likes

Yah, I stopped trying for that one. Do I have 300 or 50 left?
Quest in general lack proper progress bar in this game…

Monkey Races. Missed opportunity.

I’d love to see a winter event. Cover everything with snow! Snowball fights.

1 Like

During the kill quests, frequently did mobs stop spawning because 6-8 of them would spawn inside rocks and walls and make it so no more spawn in the open.

Made finishing the quest take 2-3x as long as it would have with proper implementation.

We appreciate the feedback! This was an experiment to explore what kind of shorter term and more casual/relaxing fun content we can add and your feedback and all the ones we received earlier in the festival help us on ideas about what we can do if we do this again in the future.

3 Likes

I will say, from a more casual/limited play time point of view, the kill quest numbers weren’t crazy high. I was able to get the whole thing done with casual play time. I only had part of the Hulthine’s kills left yesterday and I got those done in a little over an hour. It would have taken less time, but there was a serious imbalance between the number of fliers and the other guys - almost twice as many fliers spawned (which I know has been noted before).

My only comment is maybe a larger variety of monsters included in the kill quests with fewer of each needed? Maybe the kill quest includes some of the normal mobs (fox hunting for the autumn event, kill boars as part of a winter/Christmas event, etc.)? Just seems like smaller goals within the quest would be nice. And if you include some of the existing mobs, you’ll spread it out a bit and have less competition for a limited number of spawns.

I’d love to see part of these events include a materials gathering event like Defend the Realm. That seemed to bring people together a bit. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Definitely increase the mob spawns as part of the event too, if so. As someone who regularly runs between gate defense and portal event, I see like max 6 pairs of foxes at any time. There were lots of halloween enemies and they were still sparse early on, it seems.
Could even do something about how they’ve been overbreeding, the market has gained a sudden need for furs because insert not copyrighted Game of Thrones phrase here and the merchants have agreed to hire adventurers and will pay them with rare garments from “up north” that they just got back with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.