Fish Location (Including Kylakin/Jilmery), Boss Mechanics, Critter Capture, Herb Locations

Well the funny thing is that I would totally say that :rofl:

3 Likes

‘okay guys… Today we play the dungeon naked to min-max. Need minimum weight on our bodies to shave off a couple of seconds from our time’ - Scott 2k19

3 Likes

scott and ewok play naked in scotts expert raids all the time very funny

1 Like

This is great! I don’t want to waste time playing the actual game, this way I know where everything is and I don’t have to waste time trying to find it. Hints like these should be shared so no one has an advantage. Someone who actually spent the time to find this stuff is an idiot bc they can come here and not have to worry about it.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Some people want the exploration (I definitely did); not sure it’s idiotic so much as just a different play style. :neutral_face:

yes like i do i am in Carnage an i help out my fellow guild member with where is wilds ingredients or lure quest also farm ingredients to make potions and help my friends outside the guild also i love adventure and crafting

Adventure is out there!

The only reason to keep this information to ourselves would be make the big guilds have a huge advantage. I get the whole exploring concept and no one is stopping anyone from learning the information for themselves. However the big guilds will share with each other because they have the members and resources to do this much quicker. Troy being the leader of a very large guild desided to give out this information to make the game more fun for new players who may not want to join a huge guild but felt at a disadvantage. Kudos to him for that IMO.

5 Likes

Sorry, this was meant for competitive players. Obviously you can spend as much time as you want exploring and such, that doesn’t give you an advantage. If you are a competitive player, this is great because someone else has already put in the X amount of hours it took to find this information. That allows everyone to be at the same level.

Please keep posting these rare tips, findings and such. I don’t want anyone to have an advantage over me just because I don’t want to take the time and explore the areas to locate everything…

So your basically saying you don’t want someone else have an advantage over you because they earned it by spending time to get that advantage? If you say it like that then I disagree very much (in a competitive view). I really do see the side of I don’t want to share things because my hard earned work will be ‘rewarded’ with ppl making use of that without hard earned work themselves. :expressionless: Feels kind of unfair. Mainly in a competitive environment. I would rather make the argument that it would only be alright to share information when there is no competition about it.

1 Like

:rofl: I’m dying. Seriously put together map with info and get told my map isn’t for me because I’m not competitive :joy::sweat_smile:

lol, you mis-read what I said. I agree that someone who SPENT the time to understand where rare locations/items and such HAS a distinct advantage over someone who doesn’t KNOW where it is. People who POST the information are helping leveling the playing field, meaning whoever spends the time as NO advantage to someone who doesn’t spends the time.

If this wasn’t here, I would be forced to spend time looking for the locations, thus giving the advantage to those that know :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m dying. Seriously put together map with info and get told my map isn’t for me because I’m not competitive

Not sure what you mean here. Those who compete DON’T share information only those who play get. You don’t see sports teams sharing their plays and talents before a game do you?

Rare potions and such are only rare because it is hard to find the locations to gather the needed ingredients. This takes out all glory and benefit of being the “first” one to find the locations. This is a big benefit for me, because I can piggy back off of the leg work done by my peons :smiley:

Obviously, I’m not calling Troy_V my peon, but he did do a lot of the leg work for me :wink:

Not sure I (or likely anyone who is contributing our knowledge for the betterment of the community) appreciate being called a peon.

Some might disagree with me, but I would not call this a competitive game. I’m not sure how anyone could think it seeing how the community comes together to help new players.

1 Like

You have a good point about the advantage. As I pointed out in my original post, we are aware we could of kept this information to ourselves and benefited from it but we were more interested in helping out the community instead. It’s to help everyone, not just newbies even though I’m sure they will benefit the most.

Your arrogance is a bit overpowering. As stated above the information was added to our website to help newbies like yourself, I’m glad you’re finding it useful.

1 Like

I do appreciate your brutal honesty.

I guess… With stuff like this… It’ll get out eventually so meh. It’ll never cover any skill gap… That just takes time and practice and a bit of dedication.

I don’t expect everyone to agree with me, and I can respect everyone’s opinion who can give their opinion without devolving into name calling and resorting to an attempt to demean my character. But do you really think it’s appropriate to give kudos to the guy who is flaming people on the public forums and calling them his peons simply for trying to do something nice and share information with the community?

You’re definitely right about that, the information always leaks. As a matter of fact during the Beta someone that I hardly know and hardly ever talk to from Alphabet came up to me and told me where you guys had gotten a nibble notification for the Kylakin, according to them before you guys had even figured out the lure combination for it. We were already aware of the spot but the person that was telling me didn’t know that, and I didn’t share any information until we had caught all of the fish. Which goes to enforce another point I keep making, for the most part the only people that are suffering by not revealing this information are the small guilds and newbies, all of the people you’re actually trying to keep the information from to give yourself a “advantage” will find out soon enough because it’s a tiny community and the top players from various guilds play together frequently. .

1 Like

I think this argument has gone far enough over here. With regards to how as Devs we feel about the sharing of information on our official platform, you can see Riley’s post here, but when it comes to discussing the minutiae of Fellowships or players sharing that information within the community and debating the morals of it, this forum is not the place for that debate and only leads to bad blood between players.

2 Likes