Floor Brightness in Raids

I think this Picture says everything.

Healing? Just guess which Orb… :woman_shrugging:
Same for the Shockwaves, I almost never able to see them at Daytime.

8 Likes

i agreed, i also feel this way about lamavora sometimes, wish i had sunglasses lol

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing that up! It is a major problem, can’t see shockwaves, can’t see the glowing-buff at times, can’t see my ranks as a scoundrel, can’t see orbs… and with time it gets really tiring for the eyes.

Had the same with the journal bg colour or Lamavora already which I mainly visit at night, but the raid is extreme…

1 Like

Can confirm, as someone who has forsaken the outside world I would appreaciate a brightness slider or sunglass transmog :smiley: . Because its not only a problem inside the raid but also the outside world.

Yeah the bloom effect in the raid is so bad during day time, I was healer for a change last night and it was sooooo difficult to tell between my shield, cure wounds and renew, to the point where sometimes I would aim my gun into the air to work out which was which, I can say, this is a very bad thing to do, please make some changes to this before hardmode release later today, it’s fine once its night time but if you can’t see stuff correctly for 2.5 hours at a time because its day time in-game then that is a huge problem as that could be a groups entire raid time

1 Like

yea, i still to this day don’t know why all the text in the game is white with no black outline… i thought black outline was common sense.

3 Likes

It might be that the 3D space Text package they are using does not easily support black outlines and it would take a bit more work… I am sure if it was as simple as switching on a black outline setting in their 3D Text package in unity they would have already done it.

I usually use TextMeshPro for proper text customization but they might be using the vanilla 3d Text TextMesh that comes with unity.

Here is how I usually put outlines on the text:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/542646/3d-text-strokeoutline.html

As you can see it takes a little bit of consideration with vanilla unity TextMesh.

I vote for a Gamma slider under Graphics tab.

1 Like

We’ve made a change to this for the patch going out shortly, let us know if it feels better to you.

1 Like

Wow, as a programmer, having to do all that to add an outline to text seems unreasonable. I hope in the future unity makes that easier.

during the day in orbus the ground so bright not only the raids halthines so bright

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.