Golden Egg switches easily on Shaman

Ran a Broken Halls 12, Hot Foot and Golden Egg. As a Shaman, this was a mess as when I grabbed/threw my totems, it would often grab the egg out of my off hand then drop it. Suggestion would be to require you to bring your hands together (similar to the mounting process) to switch hands. Having to move and keep my hand way off to the side was all sorts of wonky.

2 Likes

Also it is unbalanced how it affects different classes when they hold it. Some can play as normal while holding it and some can’t play at all.

2 Likes

havent had a guildmate complain yet, my groups handle the egg just fine, just some distance issues with shaman

That’s the biggest issue I had. I kept accidently grabbing and dropping while trying to move from Hot Foot.

I looked at your times, it’s impressive… however all done in time are Broken Halls, so far. I fear that it turns out level 11-15 are for groups with ALL (or mostly) shamans and Broken Halls. The groups who grinds the most and is lucky enough to roll this one dungeon and not the others can proceed.

That can’t be it and I am all with Landru that there should be a way that other classes can play too (and if other dungeons are even doable, who knows…)

On a sidenote, even if it’s doable, I don’t really find it enjoyable. Unlike all other mutations - they mostly require to move, which is fine for every skilled player without breaking dmg or heal rotations - it adds something strange and alien to the game.
A minigame like this could be separated, why not put it in to open a door in the middle of a shard or so, perhaps with a method to do it faster and slower even, or introduce one boss involving that.
Having it on each and every high shard is a personal nightmare (and I already heard of people tryin to glitch/deactivate it or even succeeding with that … but that really can not be it!)

1 Like

We did some testing and shamans reach has nothing to do with the distance you can grab the egg. We’ve also had classes other than Shaman like Ranger use the egg to great effect, haven’t had much issue and have added sewer to our golden egg list

Rangers are also annoyed by the Golden Egg since the grip focus easily goes to special arrows instead of the Egg itself (or even both at the same time so you end up having the Golden Egg AND your special arrow in your hand…)

I don’t mind the mechanic itself. Running it as Bard was easy, Runemage isn’t so bad. The only issue is that I kept throwing it because it would switch when grabbing my totems. I can easily learn to live with it and just keep my hands apart, but I wanted to at least make it known that the egg will jump hand to hand easily :slight_smile:

As a ranger I’ve had issues grabbing the egg by accident when trying to grip a special arrow. It would sometimes glitch because of this and the egg would be almost 2 arms lengths from my body so i could see it connected to my arm movement but at the corner of my screen. -will try to record this happening or find out more details but defiantly causes some panic when the egg seemingly disappears

Classes different effects to golden egg I know of:

Slightly disadvantaged but playable:
bard- has to play 1 handed but possible to still do there job completely

Ranger- can still shoot arrows but cant grip for special arrows without dropping the egg

scoundrel- I would assume is the same as ranger can shoot and curve but not use cards

Shaman- just make sure not to have your hands to close together and its fine (Haven’t played shaman with it personally so correct me if I’m wrong)

Paladin- cant use any libram books whilst holding it but can still function (I’m not a tank so heard its ok but means you can’t self heal so not sure how important that is)

Warrior- can still do everything so is ok I think?

Mage- unaffected from what I hear (unless you use the best talent static shock then that cant be used :upside_down_face:)

Unplayable:
Musketeer- can’t grip orbs or turret and can only shoot gun. Completely unable to do its job basically

2 Likes

You can’t horn and die faster, but thats a minor inconvenience if you don’t get distracted from when you have to throw it away.

Very important to stay alive to keep being able to grab your labrams. But is also doable for holding it.

3 Likes

Our Paladin holds the book for fun on trash pulls. His books might B slower but he uses them just fine

I find it really fun to paladin with the egg, and no you really can’t use your books. But you have ground slam, your shield, and the healer to keep you alive

Yup … that is likely why I hate it so much. I play solely musky up from 7 or 8 because in higher shards that just works better (or at all) with our pala tanks. And now what. The rest of our guild is nearly all rangers - which is hard enough because we miss buffs and what not already. But yah thanks for a mutation which basically mutates certain classes and smaller groups/guilds out of the game.
This pretty much gives a ton of advantage to the 2 classes which got the highest dmg anyway.

Apart from this unfairness, class-wise, I still don’t like it for reasons posted already, it has nothing much to do with the mobs or the game it feels like a separated minigame. Guess we do a pause for the week until the mutation changes; and if it’s a returning one well, that was it then I don’t see why so many people should drop their main (or only) classes for this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.