Guild Permissions and Ranks QOL Upgrade

Bringing this back to the forefront since Reborn is released and there are more people coming into the game every day (hopefully increasingly so with the Quest):

Current Experience
Guild permissions are currently set at a level where only one person (leader) can invite or remove guild members and where every player who joins may access and add/remove items from the guild chest. This guild chest is also of equivalent size to a standard player chest (IIRC - I might be wrong on this). The guild leader cannot join the guild on alternate characters.

QOL Improvements

1. Increase the number of guild ranks. Make it based on guild level if you so desire, but otherwise add a feature that has at least 4 permitted ranks: Leader, Officer, Member, and Recruit (I’ve labeled these such just to make it easier to talk about. Obviously any label is fine as long as there’s ranks). These ranks would allow by default:
  • Leader - all permissions currently held, including added ability to assign new guild leader (stepping down) and to promote guild members to all ranks.
  • Officer - all permissions currently held by Leader, excepting to kick Leader or other Officers.
  • Member - no permissions to add or remove.
  • Recruit - no permissions to add or remove. (The distinction between these last two is important later)
  1. Add ability to store Dram and modify permissions for the guild chest such that by default:
  • Leader - all permissions, including Upgrading and Logs (later)
  • Officer - all permissions excepting Upgrading and Logs
  • Member - permission to add or remove items, and to add Dram
  • Recruit - permission to add but not remove items and Dram (not sure how we’ve all been so lucky - or selective? - with guild invites that no guilds have gotten their stuff cleaned out by a new member, but that’s bound to change as we move forward)
  1. Add Upgrades to chest for additional pages. Purchaseable either by dram or through resources (or combination)
  2. Add logs to chest viewable in client that detail who added or removed items or dram and when.
  3. Add a default time-out for Leader role - if Leader has not been online for, say, 6 months, title automatically passes to most recently active Officer. Alternatively, add a selection for ‘First Officer’ that will take the title first but is otherwise unchanged as far as permissions or otherwise.
  4. Give the rank titles to holders of the rank (i.e. so if that title is active, people can see the guild rank of a person) - only give the current rank, not the highest achieved or all collected.

If anyone has any other ideas, please post them here as well.

11 Likes

:scream: That would be terrible, all our precious Brick (and formerly Taffey) dyes… :smiley: No seriously, most learned after weeks that a guild chest even exist and it was used sparely due to it requiring to port to another city, with all the mats. As it is right now it is still alot of running.

I think the only way it could be more usable to really exchange superfluous goods quickly, in between guild, is when it would be directly accessible from your player house. Especially I miss the option to compare contents with what you have in your own chest. Just like in former times I need to go to guild hall and look what actually is in the guild chest right now (or make a screenshot), then run back to the house and decide what to drop there.

But all good ideas with the ranks etc. +1 for that.

I agree with all points and was just about to Create this topic if it was not already created. Some Basic Guild Management is sorely needed.

In addition:
I would like to add an option to assign rights to tabs based on Roles.
and assign: If allowed to place into tab or remove from tab.

Ex. Recruits Freely Access First Tab. (can add to first x tabs)
Ex. Members Freely Access First x Tabs (can add to x tabs)
Ex. Officers Access All but x Tab (can add to all tabs)
Ex. Leader Access All.

It would be nice to have an amount allowable to be removed in dram per week as a guild incentive / guild dues.
Ex: xxxx Dram can be removed per week for repairs and such(for member role).
xxxx must be Donated per xx days to remain in The Guild.
(would be a good way to auto kick inactives and/or make you guild as selective or as charitable as you want.)

I really want the option to promote to leader and have officers add members.
and that working log tab.

It is a credit to our community no one has ninja’d a Guild Chest yet.

1 Like

oh that ain’t true :rofl: . it has already happened on a very big scale (not us; we do not really use the guild chest).

1 Like

I just want to note that we have had plans in store for additional fellowship permissions and things of that nature. I can’t say at this point exactly when these will be in game but they’re on our list. We appreciate the feedback.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.