Harvest Festival Feedback

Now that the festival has ended, I would like to get some feedback on the following. As always we appreciate any feedback and will take it into consideration for future festivals but make no promises that any of the suggestions will be implemented.

1. Thoughts on the environment.
    a. Did you like the changing of the terrain and plants to match
    b. Were there enough props to make it feel festive?
    c. Any other thoughts

2. Thoughts on the kill quests for transmogs.
    a. How hard were the quests to accomplish? If you didn’t accomplish them, then why?
    b. Did the rewards feel proportionate to the amount of work put into quests?
    c. Did you enjoy killing only the festival monsters, or would you have preferred to have a kill “list” with all types on there?
    d. Did you enjoy the quests overall?

3. Thoughts on critter capture mission.
    a. Did you enjoy capturing the Snatchers?
    b. Did the amount of captures (75) feel reasonable for the reward? If you didn’t complete the mission, then why?
    c. Did you enjoy the mission overall?

4. Did you enjoy the festival overall?

5. If there was one thing you could add/change about the Fall Festival what would it be?

A: colouring was really good, gave a feel of a season shift
B: fellt like a verry early Halloween
C: maybe change the season color change to go in actual seasons not just for the event

A: I did accomplish them right at the start, and felt that the spawn rate did not match the number of people farming them. Took way longer then I would have liked, especially the meely guys that you needed more of but had a higher spawn rate. This was fixed later to a bit higher, but maybe upping the spawnes the more people are in the zone found be A good idea?

B: I do like the bumpkin and hands, so yes I guess?

C: was fine with focusing on the new ones.

D:with exception of A, yes

A: no, they where fast, jumpy, turny and had a hitbox that did not match the animation.
B: sure 75 was acceptable. But would have preferred having a continues counter with the number cought
C: the 500 quest for a title felt annoying for me, a indicator for at least once per hundred would have bin required for me to go for it. Was to abstract and far off a goal, I don’t want to grind for hoers not knowing how manny i have to go.

Yes

More things to do, maybe daly festival quests to keep you coming back, or guild missions.

It felt way too grindy, A lot of people say that something they would do is grind, its not something fun but there was few things to do. This event was a if you were going to do it you may as well get it done all at once because it was a long boring grind. The transmogs were fun and nice to see same with the pet (no idea why its a windup pet though lore wise) but the monkeys I just stopped hunting after I found out there was no reason for it, It was just sad watching them fall over after shooting them you don’t even get a trasmog for it.
The textures were nice but it doesn’t help that they were just the same painted looking stuff just darker and less annoying to look at.

In general I did like the event it was nice to have a slightly different look to orbus but the issues were more of an annoyance than fun, Transmogs are a smart idea but the grind not as much.

(also sorry it doesn’t follow the requested format I just wanted to give a genaral responce to the event.)

1. Thoughts on the environment.
    a. Did you like the changing of the terrain and plants to match
    Yes, though mostly color change was meh, Highsteppe deocration replacement (lamps turned to pumpkin themed was A GREAT idea except for the fact the lamps didn’t work).
    b. Were there enough props to make it feel festive?
    Some. Mostly in Highsteppe, lacking in others.
    c. Any other thoughts
    Add more random stuff matching to the theme and I think it’d add a lot. (In all the maps not just highsteppe.)

2. Thoughts on the kill quests for transmogs.
    a. How hard were the quests to accomplish? If you didn’t accomplish them, then why?
    They were annoying more than hard
    b. Did the rewards feel proportionate to the amount of work put into quests?
    Yes, as the hands were “cooler” than the pumpkin.
    c. Did you enjoy killing only the festival monsters, or would you have preferred to have a kill “list” with all types on there?
    I’d perfer something that was harder to kill, lets say you HAVE to kill a Dev (Dev fight event) or perhaps a world boss that turned into a giant skeleton if you enraged it etc. Something to let the community do something together that isn’t just based on go kill 100 enemies as a quest (as kill# quests have been used by many mmorpgs and is bland now, at least to me).
    d. Did you enjoy the quests overall?
    It was okay at first but It got boring and old very quickly.

3. Thoughts on critter capture mission.
    a. Did you enjoy capturing the Snatchers?
    No. There was no real “new mechanic”.
    b. Did the amount of captures (75) feel reasonable for the reward? If you didn’t complete the mission, then why?
    It was reasonable.
    c. Did you enjoy the mission overall?
    No. Felt like something to do instead of something I’d like to do. What if there was a chance to get monky to spawn in dungeons/shards and you had to fight it or chase them down (perhaps not a shard)

It was okay, felt lacking in depth.

5. If there was one thing you could add/change about the Fall Festival what would it be?
    Add a slightly more progressive reward system for the event, and perhaps some more transmogs? If you run around with pumpkin head + skeleton hands that’s one custom isn’t it? Not even that. Witch hat, broom stick mount, maybe potions turn into little skeleton heads you had to drink out of idk, something that kinda makes you feel more into the theme then just the map.

I feel like I feed-backed all this like 2 times already (since it was asked in the newsletter also), but whatever…

Yes and yes, was cool.

The quest took a while, did it in around 3-4 different days once the big run was over, but was enjoyable. I don’t miss killing random mobs, festival ones were fine, though the proportions where a bit off, as others noticed (one type spawned way less than the flying guys).
Rewards were fine.

Enjoyed that the least. Yes, 75 for the pet felt reasonable, 500 for the title not. Critters were hard to catch, they were spreading pretty widely, vanished out into the sea or under stones. With only 1-2 catches per spawn that felt really lengthy (though the amount of spawns was enough to make it not a waiting-game).
Biggest flaw (as mentioned in other post): Lacking progress-indicator so you wander in the dark, not knowing if you are 1 short or 100 or 200.
(And PLEASE no percentage-indicator if that’s ever implemented, I hate these on the other quests already. I mean, I usually kill 1 mob to then do the maths how many I actually need, but why do we only see the percentage, not number.)

I enjoyed the festival overall.
One thing I would change: Add progress indicator on achievement and lower the requirement for the title to 200 or 250 max.

When i first logged in (actually before on the log-in screen) I think i felt like a kid first time seeing the christmas-tree! :slight_smile: I think you did a really great job with that! There were those crosses(?) with chains(?) I didn’t really know what those were but okay the new NPC had scythes too so why not?

The quests were just normal quests, really annoying when every player wants to complete them at the same time no wonder about that.
The spawn rates were off. We had to kill more from the mob which was spawning less, that was definitely miscalculated. Actualy why does everything has a shared spawn point? The exact same problem is there with the normal quests but people have already completed them and they didn’t expect to do them on the first day(hour) i guess.
The reward transmogs are cool! But when everything is back to normal they feel a bit out of the place :slight_smile: But that can be only me.

Critter capture is again just a normal critter-capture quest, nothing new there. The problem is the same as with any other critter capture: when the whole communitiy is doing it the same time there are no nodes to find, and the critter model is definitely not matching the size you have to hit with the net. Same like with those mutated toads(?) in Wastelands where the model is BIG and the size you have to hit is like the mice in Highsteppe. And they are fast.
About the amount to catch: it was fine, it looked insane but we had four weeks or so to do it. I think everyone who wanted could do it. The tracking of the actual number is missinig but it was mentioned already. That caused a bit of a stress for some of us, knowing how much time we have left but not knowing how many monkeys we have left for the achievement.

I liked the festival, I liked the change in the environment. I like that it did not cause too many changes in our play time only when we wanted to do it.

New environment, new objects, new mobs but totally regular quests. I think that would be a welcome change to have some new quest or activity types to do during events.

1 Like

1. Thoughts on the environment

a. It looked different, but entirely felt like just a texture hue change to grass more than anything else

b. I feel as though the highsteppe city could have used a bunch more props, jack-o-lanterns, pumpkins, decorations and such. It felt like if you just started playing the game and entered the city, you wouldn’t notice its dressed up for an event. The reason i single out the city, is a believe it would be too much to add that stuff in every corner in the map (also it really wouldnt make much sense).

c. During the entirety of playing through the event, the saturation felt almost monochromatic. Clearly, there was color, but not vibrant enough i feel. Most of the entire map was brown. One could say this matches the season, but even adding vibrant leaves around the place or something would have been nice. Even if just painted on the textures, who knows.

2. Thoughts on the kill quests for transmogs

a.The kill quests were easy to accomplish for players that have level 30s, and very difficult for people with lower level classes. Mainly talking about the second kill quest being difficult. The main issue with this i believe was the placement/location of enemies on the map, and having to kill so many of them. I did accomplish the kill quests, but i can certainly see this being a reason preventing lower level players from doing the quest. I feel as though it should be just as easy for a new player as an experienced one to do the quests, as it is an event, to clarify, i dont mean killing the enemies should be just as easy for lets say a lvl 6 vs 30, just saying it should be reasonable for both, therefor allowing new players to do the quests.

b.The rewards felt good for the kill quest specifically, the transmog for the gloves was a really nice addition to the game. I think the skele-gloves look cool, and will likely use them a lot. Pumpkin head was a fun one, since to get that it was easy.

c.It was nice to be sent out to kill the new mobs, but it was very redundant feeling during the second kill quest. Having to kill so many and just after having done an event mob kill quest was not super fun.

d.The quests were done well, i liked what they were, but not so much as how they were handled. If i were a new player coming into the game and was unable to do the event, i would have been pretty upset.

3. Thoughts on critter capture mission

a.Capturing the snatchers was a good idea. It really wasnt all that difficult, in fact it was far easier than the kill quests, and it was reasonable for all levels.

b.Here is the thing, it was too reasonable, as in it was far too low a goal for what the reward was i feel. Unique pets you find in the game are usually hard to come by, but after talking with people about this, they said they used the Snatcher pet for about a week if that and put it away, because everyone had them it lost it’s value. I feel as though the goal should have been higher, perhaps close to 200. Playing casually, i got the pet in the first few days.

c.I actually did like this, it seemed very fitting of an event, with its difficulty being similar for new players as experienced.

I did like the harvest festival event, but really only for the first few days, maybe the first week. The map was very bleak in color for so long, the rewards were cool, but the pet was watered down do to the low effort required to achieve it. I liked the transmogs though, very well done on those. I mainly like the uniqueness of the transmogs.

I would have spruced up the world in color, some way or another. It felt very bleak, it would have been nice to see some colorful leaves, perhaps bright yellows and deep oranges and reds with some brown mixed in there. For performance, likely would be added to the textures using some spray tool in some image editor, mainly on the ground. This would have kept things looking nice while the event was going on, and wouldnt have made the map as bleak feeling as it was.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.