I am tired of all the end game content being locked behind a PVE wall

You name the main problem in pvp, if the opponent(s) loose, deliberately, taking turns, then everyone got all items in no time. There are some mechanics in already trying to prevent that, though, like less honor points on repeated kills etc.
And certainly rewards shouldn’t come from settings so easy to exploit like the current goblin-areas allowing spawn-camping.

They can just make it so you need alot of different pvp-activities for rewards. Overall I like the idea of pvp-only sets which are equal to pve, up to T10, wow and many other games had them, too.

Have u ever played any other mmo? All mmos have a very strong pvp community. Take WoW for example, they use a system very similar to what I suggested. They have PvP gear which is very good for pvp, but is made to be useless in PvE. And if u call spending a couple of hours to work up a T10 challenging, that says more about you then anything else. Even for the transmogs in the game they take multiple days/weeks to get a single piece. But tougher than you couple of hours to double shards for a T10, and once u have a T10 u don’t even need to try too hard to keep it. Let alone the fact that every T10 the entire group is getting drops, while for the current PvP stuff it’s a couple weeks per single transmog, for only one person

2 Likes

100%
I’ve been saying this for days but the general consensus does not seem to want to cater to what is generally considered the “Standard” in an MMORPG game.

The player base is so low that there simply aren’t enough people to divide the three most basic archetype players - Solo’ers/Pug/PVE - Guild Oriented/Raid - PVP

You cannot implement an honor point system because there isn’t enough of a player base to have a consistent PvP environment for the player with slow grind/rep to get the gear/items.

Well stated Kamina, but sadly unattainable at this current state. (I feel)

Shards are pretty easy and can get to a t10 pretty quickly. That is the problem with PvE content, once you understand the mechanics the fights are just repetitive. With PvP, you get a different fight every time and people adapt making it more challenging than any dungeon. It turns into a chess match once you have skilled PvPers killing each other. I think that is why a lot of PvE folks struggle with PvP. They have a difficult time adapting.

You say that but they have only been cleared by fellowships that were around before reborn, so clearly they aren’t that easy for less experienced players, in fact, right now, none of the new fellowships have even completed a shard as a full guild run which I found a little surprising After refreshing everyone’s profile from Kârma, they have infact cleared a level 2 on time

2 Likes

We are around since launch of the OG and got one single level 10 down by now, and that only due to getting a lucky 9. I know perhaps 4-5 stable groups (not guilds; in big guilds there’s by far not all members capable to do that) in the entire game who are farming 10s and there’s thousands of practice hours flown into that. So yea idk what’s the point of some here, but belitteling pve won’t help pvp a bit…

(I spare my thoughts about “difficulty” and/or pure luck involved, repetitiveness of fights, ganking/surprise vs skill and so on … all can well be argued the exact other way round lol.)

Most for the larger guilds pick up any of the good players which leaves the casual players to form small guilds. This is why only a few fellowships have cleared them. I’m guessing a lot of smaller fellowships do not want to or care about shards.

1 Like

Nope we are small and far from casual. You realize the game you play is international, right? At our playtime there’s around 30-40 players on the server it is VERY unlikely these form a guild of 30 (or even 10), ever :smiley:

I’ll quote what I said about PvP gear during the beta test:

3 Likes

Blood shards, for re-rolling to pvp stats maybe?

Gear drop from players is a bit strange…

The biggest issue that I have seen mentioned is ‘not having to PvE to get PvP gear’ basically (as the threads title suggests)… So rerolling PvE gear to PvP stats is not going to solve that.

Something like Rickness’ solution probably would. It would get a lot more people interested in PvP for completionist reasons also which would be interesting to see.

1 Like

Really like the idea, only issue I see with it is the base stats, as if they aren’t made to match the best PvE gear, then the PvE gear will most likely still be better. This could be solved by making all PvP armor have a guaranteed affix that gives it more defense vs players up to the best PvE armor set (maybe even better because the PvP armor should be better in PvP than PvE can be). This means that the PvP armor in PvE would be equivalent to normal level 30 armor (if you are level 30). This guaranteed affix would be the thing that decides the gear’s tier. For example, if you have a level 30 (completely forgot the amount of attack on it) a tier 1 PvP weapon would still have the same attack as a level 30, but would have a stat like 200 bonus attack vs players (Tier 1) and tier would have 400 attack (Tier 2) and so on. As for other affixes, only one I could see being an issue is %honor point gain, as that is always going to be taken to reach high levels on the leaderboards.

Only issue is that PvE +4 will still work better in PvP than PvP +1 just because of base stats, unless they are changed like PvP armor to have have same base as level 30 but a guranteed affix that gives the piece it’s tier. I don’t think this would be too much of an issue, because if higher levels of PvP armor were made better at their job than PvE armor, then the only thing that would happen is people with good PvE armor wouldn’t care to get the lower tiers of PvP and only care for the higher tiers.

Why not just make pvp +x gear give bonus against players only, acting as +0 against normal enemies, with the opposite true of pve gear.

Build up honor points over time, use honor points to purchase pvp gear. A grind for people who want to get it via bgs. Add honor points to kills of Trickster goblin. Add extra points for pve kills. Add bonus points for kills in a row without dying

2 Likes

I kind of figured this thread started as a satire against players saying they did not want pvp content lock on stuff.

Right now pvp is extreamly buggy and easy to glitch if you want to. Camping teleport stones and casting undodgable spells is mild in comparison to things I have seen. It is verry underdeveloped, with little to no monitoring of functioning patches.

Not to mention it’s a fraction of the game content.

Most of the game is stil PVE, so if you want to get the best possible stuff, it’s not going to be in the buggy pvp parts of the game.

4 Likes

I do agree with this however…I know oldbus has been around for a little while but. Reborn is new and as with all new mmos and former mmos (Wow, Eq etc) they have to start out with the basics…than over time things change an get added later…this game will grow and has plenty of time to grow…maybe slow but we r in a diff time with vr…not as many ppl but give it time…I miss oldbus but reborn is what it is now and I do seem to be logging n everyday so something is catching my eye lol… I love reborn (prob cause I love mmos and not many choices atm) but reborn has potential just give ur suggestions and lets see where we can take it

1 Like

opting out

1 Like

Completely agree with Kamina that many successful MMOs have very strong PvP aspects. Would like to see this in Orbus too

That is a pretty simple solution… However right now we still have a bigger problem and that is that there are not enough serious end game PvPers to grind out PvP gear… and so the already massive chasm of skill between mid-core and hard-core players would be widened further… It is not really something that can be done like that right now without probably killing off PvP again.

1 Like

@Kamina are you talking about the raid dungeon boss blue wall the use to have in rainforest dungeon trex boss in classic orbusvr

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.