I can't even play the game

I just got it and now everytime I log in it gives me a message saying somthing like connection closed by remote host, please restart and try agian. I tried unplugging and plugging back in my router. Also I have now options for changing my connection. Usally there should be 3 options and it starts on default, so I was told but that part of the menu never showed up, it’s simply blank.

1 Like

What system are you using (Rift, Quest, Vive, etc.)? If those options aren’t showing up, you might need to do a game reinstall. Beyond that… :woman_shrugging:

I’m using quest, I’ll try reinstalling it and see if it works.

1 Like

Good luck!

From what I’ve read here, the Quest really seems to enjoy corrupting Orbus during initial installation as well as during updates. Hopefully this fixes it for you!

Hi, we’re sorry for the issues - like KatVet said, let us know if reinstalling fixes it for you or if you’re still experiencing the issue afterwards.

Alright so after I reinstalled it I logged in and it gave me the same message, then I closed a opened the game and now its telling me I need to factory restart my quest, ( which i dont understand why I’d need to do that) also the menu for changing my connection options still isnt there. But after trying agian it didnt give me the message about factory resetting and it let me in but then it logged me out agian but this time said connection timed out. Not sure what to do… I dont think I really want to factory reset it, I will if I have no other option but it doesnt make sense. I play vr chat I checked if that worked and it runs smoothly so I dont think it has to do with the quest itself if everything else works.

The time it gave you the instruction to do a factory reset sounds a little like this person’s experience:

Alright I guess I’m factory resetting it then.

Alright so I’ve factory reset my quest and redownload everything. Its works now and I ended up playing for a couple hours, although the menu of connections options still hasnt shown up at all, but at least I can play.

1 Like

I’m glad you got it fixed! :grin:

Turns out the quest doesn’t have options for connection types! Found this on an old forum thread :woman_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.