Ice Lance damage

This is minor issue, but due to the way ice Lance causes damage after frost, the damage numbers are overlayed on top of each other. Sometimes there will be one number on top. But usually just two overlayed. Could it be possible to adjust the offset for the damage numbers. This is useful to those of us trying to optimize our setups.

5 Likes

Similar issue, but it would be nice if the XP number persisted for a tiny bit longer.

2 Likes

May as well stack on this topic. Yes all text in game could be slightly bigger in general.

This or just combine the damage numbers that Ice Lance is doing. I’ve never seen bleed for example actually trigger on my “large” ice lance damage, only the initial weak damage.

1 Like

Only issue with “combine the damage” is artificing tilesets. I don’t know a lot about them yet, but I know it registers lance as multiple hits, and triggers tilesets accordingly.

I was looking into it for artificing. It was confusing to figure out how much damage was being done when you sometimes had 2 numbers and sometimes you didn’t

Speaking of ice lance damage, I kinda think that the frost effect from frostbolt should go away after doing a lance combo, so if you want that combo it you’ll have to cast frostbolt again before lancing.

I also think casting different spells after the initial effect should result in different combos going off. This can add a lot of variety to game play.

That seems related to the new proposed class options. Probably best to see how all that works out before they tinker with things.

Been reporting this bug for nearly a year, at least.

From a feedback post I made in July of 2017:
“Bug:Icelance: Damage pop-ups on Icelance still overlap, making them impossible to read (at least on crits)”

2 Likes

I tried to figure out this same thing, and here’s the best guess I have from a bunch of target dummy tests.

For a base ice lance damage of X (no frost debuff, no crit, doing around 900dmg at level 20)
If the target has frost debuff, do additional X * 3.5 damage
Base damage can crit for additional X * 2
Frost buff damage can crit for X * 6 ( I thought it would be 7, but numbers are closer to 6)

If both crit you do a total of 13.5X damage

If it crits only the crit number counts, not the regular number. Sometime you will see 3 numbers and only 2 of them count. It’s confusing but I did confirm they with Riley.

Well that’s quite frustrating to learn. I’ve spent hours measuring dps and mapping relative attack damage at the dummys, and everything crit related is wrong. Ugh.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.