In combat: <75% distance from joystick center = walk(no stamina eaten), >75% = sprint

Remember when the community voted 34 to 0 to have a combat sprint disable option? (Vote for who likes combat sprint)

Well after encountering a new problem, the whole thing has got to go.
As a right hander, I decided playing pally left handed is actually better for various reasons. However, there is a fundamental issue for using your hammer on the same hand as your movement. If you are running and you want to throw your hammer the sliding bug happens. Honestly, one of the most annoying bugs that have ever existed, which actually kills people in combat sometimes. This bug is player rage fuel.

In summary, if instead of a combat sprint button (the grip of your movement hand), that when you exceed 75% of it’s maximum distance from the center of the joystick to trigger combat sprint - I’d be happy for this.

Additionally, I’d really hope this would address the combat-sliding altogether. I’m not sure how clear it is, how much everyone despises this bug and is greatly annoyed by it. The benefit of implementing the joystick option is that it creates an entire new button to be available.

Maybe even higher than 75%, 85%… but 75% seems adequate.

Edit:

I talked to some vive players who say they are unable to distinguish what touching the touchpad is between 0% and 100%. A toggle option is still desirable. I think the root problem also comes down to disabling (or having an option to disable) auto-run.

1 Like

Combat sprint getting a toggle would be a very welcomed change, The amount of times I’ve seen people die from it is unreal.

1 Like

Wait, are you talking about the thing that for whatever reason your start to move really fast in combat and stop on the edge of the teleportrange and have to wait for the range to build up again?
Then THAT killed me 3 times in the raid yesterday while kiting boss 2 minions and I thought this was just really buggy.

Yes, that thing, we’ve been wanting an option in the settings to turn it off for a while now! You can avoid using the sprint by moving with the thumbstick opposite controller to the one that you need to use to grab orbs but takes a bit of practice to keep switching when needing to grab orbs and would be really nice to just have an option to disable it, as some classes it can be useful for, others it’s a deadly trap

I read the thread you linked and someone stated that it wont happen if you use the gun in the left hand which is what im doing, so how exactly does the sprint work? I think it happend when I tried to load my gun while strafing.

If you press the grip button while moving the thumbstick on the same controller you will use the combat sprint, he was using the thumbstick on his gun to move and grabbing the orbs with his other controller so it stopped happening for him

I dont get why the sprint freezes you when it hits 0, it’s stupid.

The stamina bar is at a tiny amount and with the freeze after the sprint it gives you a lesser distance travelled then if you just slides the distance, actually allowing enemies that chase you to catch up, or stopping you from escaping a aoe you could have walked out of.

Sure releasing just before hitting 0 lets you continue in normal pace, but that’s just stupid.

Adding the amount of times it is unintentionally triggered because of its trigger having other game users makes it a stupid mechanic in general.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.