Inviting Devs to the end game experience!

I was doing some talking with @Cam and we came up with the idea to invite the developers to some shards / normal raids with players of the End Game Community! This is an invitation to the Devs and the Community to come together in the hopes that both parties see what there is to gain and wish to participate.
The plan for this event is to be used by the devs for a mental picture of

• How players deal with mechanics vs. what is intended

• How players have changed regarding skill over time

• To make the new dungeons/raids as interesting, engaging, and challenging as possible.

This event is NOT to be used as an excuse to bombard the devs with questions or to complain about anything. This is not an interview. The developers are to be treated like any other player, and at the end, if the developers allow it, then questions may be asked in a civilized manner.

This will consist of the top 5 active fellowships: Alphabet, Nova, Carnage, Fireflies, and Rebels. Alphabet, Nova, and Carnage will be prioritized mainly for the fact that they have more U.S. players and will have less trouble making it to these events. However, if Fireflies and Rebels wish to opt-in they are free to do so.

The plan is to start the event with a normal raid. Once this has been completed, those 10 people will split into two groups of 5, and move on to shard dungeons. For the sake of this being an end game event, these shards will consist of +3s and +4s. More skilled players will be divided between these groups to ensure that the shards are completed, and upon completion of these shards, the developer(s) will rotate groups to ensure that they get the full end game experience. If the event turns out to be a popular idea, then more people may be invited.

The community will be running off the Developers’ schedule, so whatever date that they decide on is when the event will be planned.

I hope that this will be taken advantage of by the devs as a way to get in on the action with some of the most dedicated players in the game and to see the game from our perspective.

10 Likes

I am sure the devs would love to do this this, however I believe it breaks their own rules.

I am unaware of any rule that conflicts with such an event.

https://forms.gle/iBrpCWBNsdmm3PNK7 @Riley_D and @Mathieu_D come along tonight :wink: its the Friday fun run it will give you an idea of how the average guild handles raids
(thats the sign up sheet and we use this discord https://discord.gg/8Umgg4)

maybe I am wrong, its just something I heard they don’t do, to prevent them from being more favorfull to any one guild, would be pretty neat if they did this once in a while though, so they can see bugs for themselves instead of us having to try to explain every time one happens

The intent of this event is to include multiple different end game fellowships so no one is left out. This would also provide more information to the developers because they would be able to compare each group and take this information into account while designing content in the future.

:slight_smile: ya good idea lets see what they say im for it

1 Like

yes but there is a theme to the guilds you typed up there.

The reason that I chose those fellowships are because they are the current top 5 active end game fellowships that have completed at least 1 t10 shard. That is the “theme”.

1 Like

Yes… The theme is ‘only top tier players’ you are ignoring the average player. This is why sparky posted what he did.

3 Likes

Seeing as the point of this event is for the devs to gather information to then be used while developing content in the future, I think that the correct fellowships were selected. Especially because there is only 1 other fellowship other than those named that has completed a t10 shard, and it is currently inactive.

I think you are missing your own point here. If they’re using it to develop more content, it makes sense to have the mid-tier or low-tier guilds represented and would realistically be the only way the devs could do this without an inherent bias

Only if they plan to only develop for the top tier hardcore players.

1 Like

If they want the content to be challenging then the top tier players should be considered. If only the average players are considered then the content is going to be way too easy for those of us who have already completed all the content in the game. The fellowships that I didn’t name have not completed all the content in the game (most of them that I named haven’t), so they should probably finish all the available content first before they move on to the new more difficult content… don’t you think?

There is already a lot of content in the game right now that hasn’t been completed by the average players (Boss 5 of the normal raid, all of the hardmode raid, any shards above t5 just to name a few) that should be completed before those same players expect to move on to new content.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that knowing what each class is fully capable of currently is more important than knowing what the less skilled players are capable of because the only place that the less skilled players can go is up.

sift, I just wanted to have a raid with the devs joining us so they can see how normal players handle things and move through challenges. why are you getting offended by the idea of other guilds who aren’t in the top 5 getting to have a say. the guild I’m in is in the top 10 but they try to let anyone play with them and help them learn.

Nobody is arguing for only the average players to be considered. I agree that it will be constructive for Alphabet / Carnage / Fireflies / whatever to take the devs for some end-game experience. It will also be good and constructive for the same to be done with low/medium tier guilds

This is why.

This event is mostly just to benefit the game. The devs knowing what each class is capable of at its current max is more important than knowing what an average player is capable of because the devs can then use that information when considering the correct difficulty of the coming content. I’m not getting offended. I just don’t think you are getting the message.

I fail to see how this is true. Please enlighten me.

Because content comes in two difficulties now and needs to be appropriately scaled. As an example, the beta normalmode raid where boss 3 had an enrage timer that was too small. Or boss 2 with the adds on 2/1/2/1 rotation

Edit: Alphabet did not even notice it had a timer, while normal guilds were being destroyed by it

1 Like