Isn't it support class?

I think that there should be something done with the two healer classes, the Musketeer and the Bard. Something that makes them increase the DPS’s damage just a little more than it currently does or decreases the DPS boost the DPS’s can do their selves (for example mage adds 10% compared to musketeers 5%). ATM end tier players skip the healer class because it merely doesn’t do the job. Why would you take a healer that barely does DMG to a fight where the tank is able to tank alone and a mage can give a 10% DPS boost compared to a musketeers 5%? :thinking: There is really no use for it. Wouldn’t it be nice for a change where the healers are actually useful?

Currently, the Bard ultimate IMO is perfect other than the 5 min cooldown on the players after receiving the boost. I would say, just remove the cooldown, and the Bard would already be more useful and may be used a lot more.

This is just something me and a guy were talking about, and I think it should be heard :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

If you can tank without a healer it makes infinitely more sense to swap out that healer for a dps even if you loose out on debuffing with weakness and such. This is why most healers have a dps at level 30 as well. Though if you go high enough in shards healer becomes a necessity. Yes you don’t need it on some bosses but then in shards such as sewer’s first boss its necessary.

Im not against giving healers better weakening/buffing options but at the moment I feel where they stand is alright. Though that 5 min cooldown on bard ult is garbage and should be remove imo.

1 Like

I agree to all the balancing points, however, I still wanna see you tanking a shard 8+ without healer :wink: There’s perhaps 2-3 tanks in the game doing that (due to their extremly high self-heal skills and/or relying on health potions) and those also by far not on all dungeons, mutations and all bosses.

Plus several mutations don’t require a healer for the tank so much, but rather for the dmg dealers, Ricardo and so on.
Still, an equal dmg boost/more balancing and the removal of that useless cd would be nice.

1 Like

I am convinced everything is possible healerless. From my own experience. (Except for going very extreme exceptions of lvl 15 shards with insane anti tank affixes and the wrong boss. But even then…)

I am 100% for increasing the healer dps boosting usefulness. I tried to push for that when the devs where going to change the musky, but sadly that change didn’t make it :confused:

1 Like

I main healer and I feel like there is a lot of safety in having a healer in group in almost every situation. There are only 2 situations where a warrior could face tank and you could benefit from healer going dps. While I do feel like the 5% is kind of small it is just another thing to stack and it can be on all the enemies in an encounter at once all the time.

There is a bigger fundamental problem when it comes to bard when it comes to end game content in my mind. The fact that without a warrior being able to kite in most situations the bard can not keep up with the healing that is needed in higher shards. I know that it is an advanced class but when one heal is on a 21 second cool down and the other is on a 16 second cool down makes any fight that takes a while very hard to keep up your healing on.

4 Likes

We run bard for almost everything in shards, only situation I can think of where we don’t is on mutated rat. Other than that the bard can keep up just fine.

That being said your groups primarily run warrior from my understanding. While that is all fine it just makes my point more valid if you have not been able to get it work when it comes to running with a paladin.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.