Level 8 Airship with Paladin tank

I am just reporting the same issue as @Kamina was having on a 10 except with a pala tank who is not as heavily geared… The first boss in airship needs his tank buster tuning down… or the paladin tank mechanics need a little tweak.

5 Likes

Dont you mean the tank buster damage needs to go down? I have been having real trouble with that one since it comes frequently and just nukes your health to oblivion.

1 Like

Doesn’t raising the paladin hammer give a damage reduction buff specifically for tank busters?

Or is it not effective enough?

Yes and yes.

20 charas

as far as I understood it also has a 30 second CD and the tank buster happens a lot more frequently than that.

I mean, come on. I know I was one of the main people who asked for tank busters to return, but you can’t have tank busters if the paladins method of dealing with them can’t be used on every one of them.

The paladin hammer raise was given a brief damage-resist buff. What you’re thinking of is the level 30 talent for an additional armor/resist bonus. The hammer raise is the functional equivalent of raising the shield, but doesn’t block all damage, just reduces it (and only really if you don’t end up with full charges).

sorry changed it to ‘tank buster tuning down’

1 Like

According to my knowledge raising the hammer does not give you a small damage reduction, but that is not the only problem. The tank buster fills at least 3 charges onto my pally while the hammer raise also generates another 2 hitting that very bad 5 charge limit.

It is supposed to do so - whether it actually does is another question.

The Paladin’s Taunt ability has been shifted to the Libram of Blessing, while the Paladin’s Call Lightning ability now provides a short 1.5-second buff which greatly increases the amount of damage the Paladin will resist, intended to be used for Tank Buster attack defense.

Question for everyone. Was the goal of the new characters to be a full possible replacement for the old classes? I tend to see this type of statement a lot through the forums that the new “tank” isn’t as good or can’t do what the old “tank” does. Same for DPS or heals.
If I remember correctly the Dev’s said that each boss is designed or intended to be beaten with different class abilities in mind. Is this the case or should the tank or any other new class be able to do just as much as the old classes?
Personally I thought the pally was to be part tank and part DPS, not a full tank. So if there was a tank buster you truly need a tank / warrior. Same goes with the Bard on healing and the other classes. Also, thought this was part of the reason not all bosses have tank busters.
Almost seems that we want an ideal party make up of one tank/dps, three dps, and a healer. Not less the optimal traditional party makeup like the old Orbus.

It was my understanding that they should be different but similar enough to perform the same functions. The paladin would be more suited to holding aggro on several enemies at once and more movement, with less solo-enemy capacity. You certainly should never call a paladin a dps class even in part.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.