Looking for An Active Fellowship

Hey Guys, I just hit level 20(Ranger) and I’m looking for a guild. I’m mostly looking for a group of people who play semi regularly and would like to explore existing and upcoming content (Standing in highsteppe asking to join people is losing its luster). I would prefer a guild that consisted of mostly adults, as babysitting isn’t my strong suit and I probably drink too much to monitor myself to any degree suitable for children.

I’ve played mmos since EQ released, and am pretty decent at ranger. I play most nights during the week, and at least one weekend night typically. Soo all of that being said let me know if you feel like I’d be a good fit for your guild.

I don’t have much reference yet, but I feel like I’m pretty damn good at ranger.

Following for similar interest. I’ve tried a few that advertised recruiting but they never replied, and the others require a minimum number of raid attendances, which I can’t say I’ll be able to do.

Well we can start our own if nothing comes of it.

What about Alphabet? :slight_smile:

Alphabet has required attendance according to the recruitment post. Back in the day I could sign up for that, but I got old or something.

1 Like

This is great to see actually. We need more fellowships. I really like my Fellowship and there are other great ones at 20, but there’s what I consider a very restrictive membership cap of 20 members at the moment. This hasn’t been much of a problem since the community at max level is very small(but growing quickly) and from everything I have seen as a 20 Ranger very friendly and helpful. It works better than it would in other games also due to the dungeons being 5 man for now. Only world bosses which aren’t instanced are currently utilizing large groups. I have enjoyed the encounters very much, and it feels like uncharted territory even with mechanics that to the observer are the same as in traditional MMO’s.

There will be a huge knowledge gap when you hit 20, especially if you have been playing solo and completing everything on your own. People will be asking you about runes, whether you have any items with Unbending, and if you can keep their strat for this boss or that boss to yourself when running with strangers. The latter part isn’t too different from any other game where people want appreciation for their ingenuity, but with such a small community it can leave you in an awkward place. There is a lot of tension over PvP at 20 also, and you may join a fellowship that’s been really cool to you and find out it means more than you thought it did/should. My suggestion is that if you go into the wilds, be prepared for attack but don’t open up on people even if they’re geared up and in a group because it may be taken personally. Whether that’s right or wrong i’m not saying, it’s just a fact right now that any new player should know if they have been solo playing. There was no way for you to know about any of this stuff unless you actively went seeking information about how the game and it’s systems/community work through a browser and not your headset in the time you’ve had since reaching 20. I chose to learn the game without too many online resources, what seems in the spirit of Orbus, and it lead to some amazing interactions with amazing players. You can be at the right place at the right time and learn something really interesting or helpful that you didn’t know in this game more than almost any other game due to the nature of VR, and I didn’t want to lose that.

To be more direct and less rambling, forming your own group at 20 would really benefit everyone and shield you from some of the unavoidable questions on your knowledge or progress in the game. Don’t let it be too sterile a process. A great part of Orbus is the natural meeting and growing of friendships.

Edited for intolerable grammatical errors.

2 Likes

You can always just apply and see what happens :wink:

here

I have this hangup about doing what I say I’ll do. I know I cannot keep a consistent schedule like I did back in (mumble server first hard core till death mumble) days of WoW. Thus, I cannot apply for a group that requires that knowing that I can’t meet that requirement.

Fred, I would love to see more end game lvl 20 fellowships. I think we are currently sitting at 5/6? EK, Alphabet 1/2, UoH, Nox, and Encompass(?). Creating diversity is a great thing, as it inspires people to do things their own way and share it with the world. Culture is wonderful :blush:

Encompass is currently recruiting, feel free to check out our thread and see if it interests you

1 Like

If you plan on doing end game content, Eternal Knights are here for you. There is no real attendance required. We have a recruitment period tho. After that if you are accepted you will be our brother till the end :

2 Likes

I’ve decided to start my own fellowship, feel free to reach out if it seems like something you may be into, I created a thread in fellowship recruitment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.