Lore theory regarding weight

How many of you have gone fishing? It’s okay, you can admit it. Nothing to be ashamed of. Something you may have noticed is that even though you may catch a 150+ pound fish, it never weighs that much in your inventory. It’s just .01.

But… .01 WHAT? The inventory never makes mention of a specific unit of measurement. You can carry, at base, 45. 45 what? This is where it gets interesting.

Over the course of a day, I caught over 17,000 pounds of fish, yet never was over encumbered. Most of it was shark and Majestic Flounder. While catching these shark and flounder, I came to a realization: even this 150 pound fish was tiny in comparison to me. It barely weighed me down. In fact, it was negligible. The size and lack of worrisome weight caused me to realize my worst fears were true:

Patraeyel’s inhabitants are, in fact, giants. The 45 weight in our inventory refers to tons. This makes sense considering the newest update is going to give us miniature areas, which are actually normal size to we mortal humans. Giants are also, as we all know, immortal, which explains why we can resurrect after death.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

-Mishka

5 Likes

Lol makes sense to me

Alternative theory, the micronizer developed by Pierre Cenn we’re about to see in the DLC is based on technology originally used to shrink and standardize the fish weights. He was the first person crazy enough to apply and test this technology on players/humans.

1 Like

Only way to prove that theory is if we can establish a measurement system in-game. :slight_smile:

Oh boy here we go, another thing for me to over analyze and develop theories about. Rupert, grab your tin foil hat, we’re going in deep!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.