Lost my chance at Shard 4 Gear Due to Crash

Was running my first ever Shard 4 with some friends. During the boss battle i crashed and had to relog. Still in the party i respawned inside the dungeon, but i was no longer in the shard with my party members. No amount of exiting and rentering fixed it. So i lost out my chance on Shard 4 gear, in my first ever Shard 4.

Im quite frustrated this happened and reported it in game. Devs if you could help me out that would be great.

1 Like

That’s very strange, I’ve crashed hundreds of times in shards, and I always come back into that instance :thinking:

Anyway what’s your username?
And are you sure you were still in the party when you crashed

Username is Cassiopeia, and yes I’m sure. And I still was after the crash. But i didnt respawn in the same shard. But did respawn in the dungeon.

What class were you playing?

Bard. Im hoping i can get some sort of compensation or item to replace the one i would have gotten

I just want something to show for the hard work and time i put in that got taken away from me due to no fault of my own.

You were healing a +10 shard with a level 22 bard?

As a level 22 Bard, I was healing in a Level 4 Shard

I got confused too, I had to reread what they said a couple of times. Level 4 shard (+2 gear)

Oh lol, that clarifies things alot
And makes more sense

Just fyi, you only get the level of gear from shards that your character is. YOu won’t get the good lvl 30 gear till your 30. All you missed out on is a lvl 22 peice of gear that will be replaced tomorrow or the next day when you get back to leveling.

Yes, i understand that. I went into the shard knowing that i would get LV 22 +2 gear. That’s what i wanted, because i had no other classes i could play tonight due to arm pain.

Because of this bug and ym crash, i was unable to get back into the dungeon with my party to help finish the boss, not to mention pick up any of the gear i earned, or would have earned.

All i wanted from this is something to show for the time and effort i put into collecting that shard and doing the dungeon and most of the boss, before i crashed

Mishka here, I was in the party.

He crashed out and was put back in a different instance of the sewer dungeon. He was still in the party, but a different instance. He exited and re-entered, but still didn’t get in with the party. We tried redoing the party and he still didn’t join us.

Sparky and I were going to use our rolls and give him the gear we got since neither of us needs +2 and we were both done running dungeons for the day, but we lost the opportunity since he couldn’t get back in.

Sorry about the bug. We’ll look into why it wouldn’t let you back in the same instance. However we can’t get players items for loot that never dropped.

1 Like

One thing I can say that may at least soften this some is I’ve run 346 shards and I’ve only run into 4 instances where a weird glitch caused me to lose my loot. Different ones than yourself so I’m glad this was reported. It still stings when it does happen though.

at the very least a replacement Level 4 Shard would be nice, or some dram as compensation for the loot i would have gotten.

To spicen things up I ran 372 shards and encountered lots of weird glitches… the worst was that in two out of the three very first level 10 shards we did I missed out on it.

You will only get gear back from devs which was generated in the game before, so if there was no chest, then it’s gone (or like in my case, I awoke dead at the dungeon entrance after reawaken, 2 popups covering each other and I was unable to press anything or use the menu before relogging - then they were gone).

Other than that, as other said this gear is more or less worthless anyway… running level 30 content before being there is not a good idea imho. The gear you get is overleveled in 2h or less. You can level from 20 to 30 in a weekend via quests and events. The time spent inside shards is yielding less xp than the same time spent doing quests and events plus you can’t really contribute with low level weapons (many groups don’t need a healer on lower shards though).

If anything then we run normal dungeons with our leveling members, these get you as well some xp (10k for the first random dungeon in the queue you do), as some gear in the end, as some real dungeon experience, because with levelscaling you are not just dragged through, but can actually contribute.
Gearing up via trades is very quick after that also, so actually no need to hurry with that in the leveling phase (also: secondary stats and bonuses like the xp one don’t apply if you get higher gear than your level is… the armor is scaled down as well. So you are better off using your leveling gear during the leveling phase, not trades).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.