Luck Stat 550 - any testers?

I can’t test this myself since I didn’t pay much attention, but from my feeling this “superhigh” luck stat does nothing much for
a) reagents/overworld drops
b) dyes in dungeons
c) gear in dungeons

Anyone able to do extensive tests and compare rates before/after? This is only a very first impression about it, but it’s rather disappointing…

i dont have 550 i beleive i have somewhere around 225 with my rings on and i notice no difference.
i knew luck was a fake stat!

Honestly I’m using 2 rings with potions. And I swear I gett better drops without all the luckthan again not sure how luck would even work with rng…think my luck is somewhere around - 250 or whatever with rings and pot and its right when not equipped…finna log n and see if it changes anything on my end…

Luck is designed to increase your probability of a drop slightly. Here’s a post to where Riley discussed the mechanics behind it. I suck at probabilities, but I doubt they’d add a game-breaking amount of luck to the perks tree, so you might not be able to notice it unless you play with the new perk for a long time…

1 Like

Ya if you actually question luck you should have had a test of killing as example 600 monsters and counting the amount of reagents you got. Then select the luck talents and count again. If you don’t do that then you won’t see a difference in drop amount :man_shrugging: even with a 50% drop chance increase that it is now.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I am asking for, if any ppl have time and interest to do that :wink: - or even already did something like it before, in reborn, since the tests I know of were all done in the OG (could also be done with an alt btw, mine is pretty low in levels tho and I lack time overall).

Btw in that linked post from October Riley stated

In Reborn I think we are going to be transitioning away from that type of +Luck since basically my take on it from watching the community discuss it is that the effect isn’t noticeable to make it worthwhile.

But I feel they didn’t and all is like usual? It would be nice to just have exact numbers, like, for example, with luck+potions you got 12% IF the base rate of a drop is for example 10%, now with your 550 luck it goes up to… I dunno, 15%, 17% at max?

An increase from 10 to 12 or 15 will be real lengthy to track down, couple hundred mobs is at least needed to compare properly, but maybe even more to rule out bad luck and other factors.

The rings are still an issue btw, since they take so much performance away from the players (and their groups) who are using them instead of crit/vit. Even more now that you can get 5 and 10 times that via perks, they are so unnecessary to use in groups.
I wished they’d be completely abandoned or that 25 luck is on any world-boss ring, per default, so people don’t even need to consider.

I don’t think anyone will be able to test this soon. I would have tsted it if I didn’t already selected the luck stats. So ya you can’t reset it I think so I can’t test it.

i might do this test this weekend and compile the data… but i’m pretty sure i dont have enough levels to get to 500

So I did some tests with the help of Tallia :+1:

Result: the luck stat is working as was before. Which is about 1% more drop chance on every item for every 10 luck stat increase.

In the tests the exact same mobs have been killed in the exact same amount.

600 luck points
Grinder 1 to lvl 5

18+83+8+41+26+34+24+9+5+1+2+6 = 257 items

Grinder 1 to lvl 5 a second time

39+38+28+89+18+15+27+9+11+5+8+2 = 289 items

125 luck points
Grinder 1 to lvl 5

13+65+5+20+32+32+11+7+5+4+1+8 = 203 items

If the 125 luck with 203 items was 112.5% then that would be with 600 luck 160% and thus:
203 / 1.125 * 1.6 = 289 items

Rng still fluctuates the number but it seems like it is 100% giving about 40% less loot with that much less luck. So conclusion it is very likely working :+1:

6 Likes

With everyone putting at least something in to luck yesterday we got 3 hard mode weapons instead of 1.

1 Like

daaaaannngg
I’m hoping I get my weapon on or next raid

I wanna actually complete the hm raid :frowning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.