Mages from og Orbus not using land a hand

Are you having trouble casting? It seems like the spells have much more up trajectory.
My spells keep going high and im casting frost instead of fires. This is better when I switch to lend a hand. I’m just trying to figure out if I’m rusty, or if I just need to get used to the new spell handling or if I just need to suck it up and switch to lend a hand.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if it was just me or not, but mine have much more up trajectory as well. The only place it has been any inconvenience for me is in pvp though. I’ve managed to pretty much change how I hold my hand to counter it.

Thank for the reply!
I think that the angle change is why I’m frosting my fires. Having to point my hand down more is messy with my fire Bs. Strangely makes push back easier though.
Glad you where able to readjust. I guess I need to just keep working with it.
Between the “turret yeet” and achy wrist from adjusting for the new angle I was starting to think this was just the year that I become old.

1 Like

im using lend a hand

hmm :thinking: I might have to check if this is happening for me. I’ve done very little mageing as its not my main class but the 1 time i did, I noticed spells flying high and i missed a couple of times. Thought I was just rusty though after not doing mage in combat for a while.

Im fine and don’t use level 5 talents

1 Like

Do you find that spells are more upward at all?

Not really finding much more upward movement.

Ya my spells are aiming more upwards too. While in old game I was already aiming too high, now it is worse.

Sorry for getting off topic here but mage lvl 5 talents suck. One is a dps decrease and the other is a mobility decrease. #noLvl5TalentSquad

Are you on a Vive? Curious because when I play on Jinxes Vive the spells where shooting too high up and on my rift they where much better. In reborn it feels like they are set the same as the Vive spells where.
Not a big fan of lv 5 talents ether but the zappy was a fun way to blow off some steam after raid boss 3 peed in my spot.

No on a Rift. I rmembered a Vive was always easier for me to cast. (Before I broke it :angel:)

i use a Vive, i’ve noticed not just runemage but also scoundrel shots firing like that when i’m aiming straight, not obvious unless i’m trying to shoot something farther away but still there, almost like the bullet comes out of the gun just above the barrel of the gun

I’m not sure if this is runemage specific. I’ve recently come back and have been trying out the Paladin - and it feels like either my hammer is going way higher than I think it should be, or way lower.

I just switched to lend a hand. My dps still sucks but im not poofing spells anymore. I just need to learn not to smash my afflictions straight into the ground lol.
Also how the heck do you battle ground with lend a hand? Movement feels very clumsy.

1 Like

I switched to lend a hand from zappy hand and it took me a few days to get used to… The only disadvantage is that you cannot aim whilst moving with Lend a hand but other than that… it is much more optimal than zappy hand.

1 Like

Could this be related to an old I assume glitch I wonder? It old orbus the bullet of a musky did not seem to go totally straight but seemed to shoot upwards a tiny bit so you would have to make a minor adjustment to your aim downwards. It could be similar to musky for scoundrel and mage. My theory is the the model of the weapon and the actual weapon position/angle. Say a mage holds their wand in their vision at exactly 90 degrees. What if the way the weapon’s direction was actually pointing at say 95 degrees and that makes the spell float upward. No idea if its true but just a though.

you can move with combat sprint, quite efficiently as well if you get used to it. Not as good as with teleport, but good enough to dodge bolts and that kinda thing.

1 Like

Exactly, I’m always switch back to non lend a hand for BGs, otherwise I’m using lend a hand in dungeons

Now you mentioned it, I did notice some changes with the pathing. I don’t use lend a hand. But it didn’t really bother me that much. I guess I just adjusted to it.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.