Make the shard capacity 60 instead of 40 for highsteppe town area

Past several weeks that I’ve logged on, there’s regularly been at least two shards for Highsteppe, (sometime three). However the highsteppe town is large with many places to congregate (common congregation points: next to Darius, next to Marlowe under the tree, outside the player house, outside the dungeon portals, and outside the fellowship hall) So, it’s possible to see a 40 person highsteppe that still feels sparse.

Even worse, during periods with 40-50 players in highsteppe, it’s common to end up on the dead shard and think no one is around.

If it could be done without lagging anyone or causing other problems, I think it would make sense to increase shard population capacity for the town area.

Depending on who’s in Highsteppe at the time that could cause a ton of lag and there’s really no way to know who’s going to be in any one shard. If you increase it to 60 you would have a much higher chance of extreme lag, especially if there are a lot of mages in town, making the game unplayable for some people. While I would love to see more people in Highsteppe as well, I just don’t think it would be possible. Who knows anything could happen, right?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.