Mixed Reality in trailer? How?

Heyas! I am curious how i can create Mixed Reality content for Orbus! I saw it in the trailers and got excited! But my question is how? Is it using LIV or is it manually using Unity?

Id love to be able to get this going as i plan to play Orbus Reborn a lot on twitch!

It’s using LIV

Ok thanks! I will try today! I have some awesome ideas for Mixed Reality streaming for this game using an auto scene switcher in OBS where i can cut to difference scenes! So swapping back and forth between mixed reality and first person all automated!

What exactly was the process for starting it in LIV? I dont see it as being natively supported

You have to pick “Manual”, and then choose like “SDK compatible” (or something like that I’m forgetting the exact phrasing), and then choose the vrclient.exe executable to attach it to, after you are logged in.

Ok sweet! I got it up and running but the main issue right now is that the calibration seems to be waaaaay off. Here is a gif just showing how far off it is https://media.giphy.com/media/UuxM7PKNJfCKSgfAft/giphy.gif

My calibration in LIV is spot on and also spot on in other games so im not sure how to address it

When you just get in the game normally with Liv not on,do your hands not track your controllers properly?

Hands track fine, i think i figured out the problem

There seems to be a scaling issue? Here is how i look standing near NPC’s lol. I AM A GIANT AMONG HOBBITS!

Oh yeah I’m not sure…it’s kind of hard for us to test that since we don’t have a MR setup at our offices, but we haven’t made any changes I’m aware of since it was used to make the trailer a few weeks ago, I will reach out to Liv and see if they have any idea what would be causing that.

Ok thanks a ton! Hey where is the Orbus Reborn game files located? Are they in the steam directory? I want to try maunally adding the calibration cfg file. Like does Reborn use the same directory as the steam version?

It’s in the folder where you unzipped the launcher. (Launcher Folder)/resources/app/client

gotcha ok, lets see here. this could be the problem then

Fixed! Perfect now! - My own stupidity as usual - MR Live stream incoming!

6 Likes

ducking under the dungeons trolls laser is a lie xD

That looks awesome dude

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.