Mount rarity out of proportion with other items seriously

Ya the sad thing is that a good hook for ppl and proven multiple times of many animals is uncertainty. Sometimes getting rewarded, sometimes not. You care more about something then. Even though it doesn’t look like it initially. So I doubt that pure RNG will be changing.

so… this is called ‘skinners box’ mechanics… Its a toxic game mechanic designed to get people to repeat tasks over and over again… It is usually used to heavily monetize mobile games but for some reason Orbus team thought it would be fun for the player base in a bunch of different places such as the legendary mount, world drops and the hardcore mode boss 5 mount drop???

Really bad idea. Here is a video of why skinner box systems are just terrible:

And here is a follow up why operant conditioning is actually really bad if it ads absolutely no value to the game

9 Likes

Lol I leveled my grinder 7 times and didn’t get anything but 2 capes… no grinder, no kitty, no pot helmet, nothing. Specially the red mobs are just super-boring as a musky, so I stopped, leveling with events is faster for me anyway. Bought those 3 items on the market. Looking at this screenshot or numbers of others I guess i’m extremely unlucky or mine is just broken :smiley:

1 Like

No you just haven’t lvled enough with the device :man_shrugging:

Musky is too slow anyway.

Oh really… well it’s the only class where I don’t need to wait all the time to heal-up (like, with the scoundrel) and don’t need to fear to pull two or more reds (like, with the shaman). The whole grinding device is something for elite players and/or mages, once again, imo; or for groups. For solo classes it’s just less fun and I wonder why we are tied to these 2-3 spots in wasteland on the last level anyways; easy to see on the market who’s really even still using it.

Classic Orbus mistake that keeps getting ignored over and over and over again every content release. Is it that time again for this classic golden oldie?

1 Like

Kind of bad most of the rare loot in orbus fit into that category. Overworld drops, dungeon loot, and so on, it’s all tied to time locks and repetitive play.

2 Likes

The raid gear is absolutely absurd, too.

We get 1 token per boss per week, plus one small chance to get a piece. If your rng is bad, to fill up your classes you could need to raid for up to 40 weeks (or 64 if you want the weapons). If you figure that you’ll get half the items from drops, that’s still slightly less than half a year to slightly more (and assumes you successfully kill all bosses each week or that you can even get a group together for it each week).

Meanwhile, the shard gear is slightly more challenging, but way easier to obtain and of higher tier anyaya

2 Likes

That is for extreme completionists though who wants all the classes. Even though they probably only play 1 or two. Which is only around 10 weeks :man_shrugging:

Also extreme completionists buy from other ppl getting repeated drops too. So that will also cut down on time to get them all.

1 Like

For a compleationist it would be double that, because you want them as transmogs as well as a full set for every class.

1 Like

I think it’s not so few going for that. First of all people rarely play only 1 or 2 classes, I know a ton who play 3+ classes or aiming at that (I’m playing scoundrel/shaman for dmg, musky/bard for heal, for example; and i’m one of the few who zero cares about tanking). Most of the OG warriors I know can switch to pala, too, most of the og muskys I know do the bard as well; then there’s your dmg class which everyone of those has to switch to if he can’t heal or tank, that is 3. Lately alot of these level a shaman for trash, even if they got another dmg class already, that’s 4…

And apart from that it’s already harder than first weeks to fill groups for normal raids, even if it’s half the time needed to only get transmogs for your ‘active’ classes, it is likely pretty hard. As for trading, in all the raids I ran (around 8-10) hardly anyone offered a trade, yet. Drops are too rare for that. And in PUG groups shards being as rare as they are, kills it also specially for new/guildless players, who don’t have shards to offer; but trades are also held back I feel cuz people fear they won’t get shards back in those groups…

I guess we are in the opposite side of the spectrum. Almost everyone in my group only plays 1 class and I see trades happen all the time :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I got the mount and just quit the grinder, it was fun for the first 10 minutes and then i got tired of moving positions while farming.

Thnx RNG xD

1 Like

got my cat ears after logging in to the game for 30 mins. put on voice chat ran around highsteppe meowing and went back to playing fortnight bro. havent logged in to orbus since. playtime 30 minutes.

2 Likes

J something about you has changed and I like you more
Lol

Awful song though, seriously awful

Sometimes I am not a robot… Sometimes.

Note: I have never played fortnight or minecraft or whatever. I never will.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.