My thoughts on the bard

I am a HUGE fan of the bard class in almost every way. Drummer for 27 years / Violinist for 10 etc.
I played a Bard in Everquest from 1999 to around 2009 as my main. Play a Bard in DND often as well as a monk / wizard.

This “bard” feels just… Off… I can’t put my finger on it 100% but it just isn’t right.

One of the biggest things, The “instruments” (ORBS) Really really need to be moved or something. they are way too easy to hit on accident / de-select. maybe right above the xylophone? No idea honestly just NOT where it is now.

You can basically just R L R L R L R L R L really fast and hit everything easy no penalty to actually being accurate.

The aiming is weird and silly to me.

Dear lord the selecting and unselecting sucks

I would almost prefer something like:
Pull out a lute and have to strum and lay air guitar to charge up / does 2 things.
Switch to a drum have to play a pattern does 2 things
Switch to a flute have to press buttons or something does 2 things etc…

I love the “idea” of a bard soooo much. This just doesn’t feel right at all.

#feelsbadman

Also, why is there no Monk class? I want to melee punch combo things etc… would be sweet.

Just my 2 cents. Just trying to help. I love love love this game and I haven’t been this excited about a MMO in a long long long time.

A+ job

1 Like

There’s still 1 class they haven’t announced yet :wink:

here is to hoping at some point they get a monk :slight_smile:

Yeah a melee DPS class would be nice. Also, I like your idea with the Bard somewhat. Using different instruments for different effects. I highly doubt anything will come of it, but MAYBE they’ll reconsider? A good time to make this post would’ve been the first beta, when the Bard was being tested.

I agree, However I came in during Christmas so I wasn’t around then :confused:
Still I think something has to be done.