Never gets past first loading screen

First time running. World and avatar appears with message but “Loading” under characters and News never goes away. Thus, I can’t actually start the game.

Are you on Steam or Oculus storefront? If it’s Steam, be sure Steam itself is open and you are logged in so it can detect your entitlement to run the game. If that’s not it let me know.

(thanks for responding)
I am on Steam. Steam is up and running. Other SteamVR apps are working correctly.
NOTE: The game is owned by one account (“account A”) and I have shared it with another account (“account B”). I am trying to run the game from “account B”. Since the game startsup, that suggests that this is a supported scenario.

Oh yeah that’s the issue. The game does not support library sharing like that on Steam. I will work on putting in an error message to make that more clear. Sorry for the confusion.

Typically, games that don’t support Library sharing won’t even display a “Play” button and in the properties dialog (Steam) they have the message, “Steam Famiy Sharing is currently not supported by this title.” (see screenshot).

Okay, there must be a setting in Steam someplace we can change to indicate that, I will look into it.

The library sharing feature isn’t supported because as an MMO we have to actually log you into your OrbusVR account via your Steam Account, and you can’t share those between Steam Accounts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.