New Patch 6.16 (Client and Server)

There is a new patch that will be going out later today. In particular:

• We are working on tracking down what are hopefully the the last of the networking bugs relating to crashes and desyncs. The patch today has a smaller fix that might help. We also have a much large “overhaul” style fix that is in testing if this doesn’t work. So if you have had issues with the “Default” connection type before, please give the new patch a try and let us know if it is any better, but don’t get your hopes up too high just yet :slight_smile: Also if you have had the desync issue before where suddenly all of your data stopped flowing to the server and you couldn’t attack stuff but you could still see stuff moving, let me know if that helped as well, but same caveat applies.
  • Any status effects which break on damage (including Invisibility) will also now break when you loot something.
  • We’ve adjusted the way the new red AoE corridors work to hopefully have a shorter gap between “going off” and dealing damage.
  • Made a change to the way status effect icons work to possibly address the issue where on long boss fights performance begins to suffer over time. Let me know if that helped for you.
  • Mutations on the shard dungeons have been rotated.
4 Likes

Would it be possible to add a timer to our potion status effect icons like what we have with the cooldowns on abilities like warrior stun, ranger trap/charged shot etc.

I think this would be a huge QoL improvement

7 Likes

Maybe timers on aging potions too!

2 Likes

Keep it up guys, you’ve got an excellent team and the frequent communication is awesome. I agree though, timers all around would be an awesome addition to the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Client-side patches are now available for Oculus and Steam, server-side reset will happen in about 20 minutes.

Based on our tests, the red corridor AoEs now seem very accurate and also the delay is not very noticeable at all anymore, so I’m excited to see what you all make of them. Thanks!

Server-side restart is now complete as well. Thanks!

We had 2 or 3 crash/desyncs tonight during our normal mode raid (was not me this time) I asked them to save/send the logs to you, though I have a feeling they won’t do it, I just wanted to let you know it is still happening

Okay, so pretty much the same as before? And do you know if they are on Default or Websocket?

Also it makes a big difference if it’s a crash, a disconnect, or a desync, so the more info you can get me the better.

Yeah pretty much the same as before, I never asked if they were on default or websocket, hopefully they will see this and be able to shed some light

I did get a crash during the raid tonight as well. I was using default. I usually desync, but rarely hard crash the app like this. I don’t have the logs. I did desync a few time. The frame rate is slightly better but I still see it and noticed it for boss 2 normal mode.

Another thing that happened in last night’s raid which I just remembered about, when one of boss 4 died, the other one reset, I think I have the output log still which I can send once I’m home from work, the boss that reset wasn’t anywhere that would normally reset it, I wasn’t recording so can’t show what happened that way

So there was a bug that was blowing up the size of the output_log which was probably leading to crashes. I am putting out a patch to fix it first thing this morning, sorry about that.

Not sure if I could send this log of the boss resetting as the other boss died :joy:

1 Like

Geez. Sorry about that. You leave one log command in by accident…

Patch 6.18 just went out on both Steam and Oculus, please make sure to restart your store of choice to get it ASAP. It fixes a bug which was causing massive output_log.txt files to be generated. The next time you launch the game after installing the patch it will delete those as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Let me know if you crash again after this new patch.

Both raid boss 1 and 4 seemed have accurate AOEs today. The last patch seems to have dialed in the AOE accuracy you were looking for. With the info that the AOE may linger a bit our tanks were able to compensate for that until that is fixed.

Also ran Sentry in Tredu and it also seems to have a very accurate AOE hitbox as well.

Did anyone else notice a decrease in performance? I’m usually fairly immune to the FPS drop until the 15ish min mark. Most raids are all fully complaining by 10min. This evening I was feeling it with everyone else. Usually my hardware can power through the optimization issues.

I crashed last night while out of combat, sent log for it and a video too, also had super bad frame rate after coming down from hell on boss 5, sent log and vid for that too